Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header install questions

I'm in the process of installing pacesetter headers and ORY into my 2000 SS for the first time- having some difficulties- help would be much appreciated.

1. I can't seem to remove the rear coil pack bolt on the driver's side (therefore can't remove coil pack/valve cover). There seems to be a metal piece above it preventing me from getting a grip on it/removing it. Any advice... Is it even necessary that I remove this piece to install my LT's (being that they go in from the bottom)?

2. The front and rear o2 sensors- my new headers have only a drilled slot slot for one pair. Am I keeping the front or the rear ones?

3. What socket (size + deep/non-deep) should I be using to remove the 3 bolts on each header flange? (need to know what to buy)

4. Where do EGR and AIR go on my new headers?

move to newb. tech if applicable

Thanks, RBA

Last edited by redbulladdict2000; 09-09-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 AM
TECH Addict

The coil pack im pretty sure you need to remove the coil pack itself then unbolt the bracket, second the front 02s are the ones you keep and just delete the rear ones by leavin them unplugged and tune them out or you will just have the SES light on all the time. Third i believe its a 10mm but not sure its been awhile since i have done headers, and fourth there should be things sticking out of the headers that have the same shape as the air and egr hookups for you to bolt on to, and if not then just delete out the air and egr by just removing the stuff and blocking it off.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Anyone know the bolt im talking about? Can't even get at it...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 AM

Thanks Z- is blocking off the air and egr as simple as removing/taping it or do I need a special part?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Well i just went to go check it out on my car, and i believe i know what your talking about. The bracket on the rear coal pack bracket on the drivers side is held on by a bolt i believe 8mm looked pretty small. I have taken it off a few times but not in a while so just try an 8mm and see what happens. Then after you un-bolt it you pull the bracket up and push it back and then you would be able to take out the last coil pack bolt. Since your using long tubes your going ot use the front O2 sensors, and if you don't have them already some O2 sims for the rear.
-Joel