Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Oil Pan Leak!!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Leak!!! HELP!!

Ok so last night coming home i hear this thump under my car when im on the freeway...i guess something hit my car from under and cracked my oil pan ...the crack is at the bottom part of the oil pan and its small (you wouldn't be able to tell if you didnt see the oil seeping out)

Well the oil was seeping out fairly quick so I drained it and bought a sealant (since the crack is tiny)...After I clean the area and apply the sealant and let it dry what do i do next? I think i read somewhere around here to put tape and then some more sealant after the first application...is that right?? can someone please explain?? i want to do this right. Pictures would be great also.Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

anyone??
Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

ummmm.... go to the junk yard. find a wreaked or dead car with your engine in it and pull it off that or go to the dealer and get a new one. junkyards are cheap, especially if you pull your own parts. you can get parts that are originally 300 dollars for like 20. depends on where you go.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

its not worth the hassel to try and fix it.... if ur going to do anything have someone weld it.... that sealent **** doesnt work the greatest.. ur better off either A. buying a new oil pan or B. if ur on a tight budget have it welded... i am a welder are u located in illinos??? i could help u out...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Yeah i'm sorta of an a tight budget right now...just bought a new house and a M6 beemer for the gal lol...I'm in cali but thanks for offering the help...I guess i'll just take it somewhere here locally and get it welded.