Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oh yes. It's my turn, PCV + STS + No Oil Pan tapping

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh yes. It's my turn, PCV + STS + No Oil Pan tapping

Okay. PCV question FTL. There have been so many, but... Right now I have a ton of 3/8" hose along w/ a T-fitting, some caps, a catch can, a k/n breather. Can I make a vented functioning system out of that? I can't route the breather to the oil fill because my return is going in there, no chance in rerouting that to the oil pan.

Can I route the breather on the front passengers port. And T- the back ports and run them to the catch can to a check valve which goes intake manifold? Would that work and end up capping off the throttle body?

And... someone posted that they gained something like 60rwhp on the dyno after they messed w/ their Pcv setup. I'm not disputing that, but I'd like to know how that is possible.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Okay. PCV question FTL. There have been so many, but... Right now I have a ton of 3/8" hose along w/ a T-fitting, some caps, a catch can, a k/n breather. Can I make a vented functioning system out of that? I can't route the breather to the oil fill because my return is going in there, no chance in rerouting that to the oil pan.

Can I route the breather on the front passengers port. And T- the back ports and run them to the catch can to a check valve which goes intake manifold? Would that work and end up capping off the throttle body?

And... someone posted that they gained something like 60rwhp on the dyno after they messed w/ their Pcv setup. I'm not disputing that, but I'd like to know how that is possible.
the 60rwhp increase you are referring to was a procharger user removing the filter setup on the headunit itself i believe.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Am I way out in left field on this one?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't breath through the oil cap cause oil is goin in there. The front tap on the passenger side is not enough for breathing. You could do it the way you describe with the addition of the STS solenoid going to a check valve to another breather.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Where can I put a breather if it's not from the oil fill (which I've seen in some depictions) and it's not attached to the catch can?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people with a breather are putting their oil return in other places. You could put the oil return in one of the valve cover breathers. If you are not having alot of blowby, you could put it in the passenger front breather port that used to go to the TB. Thunder Racing sells a nice billet breather for the oil cap.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Interesting. I never thought of that. I could pick up a breather tomorrow. Then I would need to craft up a way to connect the oil return quick disconnect to the 3/8" hose. I shouldn't be getting much blowby, I just got my engine built. However, the only reason I'm doing this is because I lost about a quart in 1300 miles. Seems like a LOT to me.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a fitting welded into the front of my passenger valvecover to return my oil there. so far so good. you can then use a breather in the fill location.

Quick Reply: Oh yes. It's my turn, PCV + STS + No Oil Pan tapping