Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG or Corsa need input

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GMMG or Corsa need input

I can't make up my mind which one I want. I would like to here your input from people who have either one of these catbacks behind LT's and a ORY. How is the Rasp level?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had corsa and loved it.... but like my duals better
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

I have the GMMG and love it!! But on the other hand I have Pacesetter LTs, and the TSP ORY and from like 2400rpm-3400rpm it does have some rasp to it and is LOUD as hell!!!! But I have heard you can get a catted Y-pipe and get rid of most of the rasp. But I have had a couple of exhausts and have heard ALL ot the most popular exhaust on local cars and I just REALLY love the tone of the GMMG. But it comes to personal taste. Check out LS1 sounds and compare clips or even find some locals and compare. Nothing like hearing it in person!!! Good luck!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

IMO, rasp level is horrible with GMMG and ORY. I switched to cats, a good merge, and powerpack in my I to make it sound good.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard a GMMG on a 650hp procharged LS1, but thats kind of hard to compare to how a cam only ls1 will sound with it

I've been down the LT ORY and Loudmouth road on my previous car which was horrible. I swithced a to a Hooker which sounded good it just wasn't loud enough and it didn't Bling enough. I've spent countless hours on ls1sounds, but I just wanted to get a personal opinion. The GMMG did sound alittle raspy there though.

I would run duals, but this is my DD and duals drone alittle to much for me. I do love the sound of them though.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I tried a Hooker for a while too ... good tone, but didn't quench the rasp with the ORY, in spite of being quiet otherwise. Way too quiet overall with the catted Y.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

I have the GMMG with a catted-y pipe and kooks headers. It was a little raspy from 2500-2800. I actually found that some of my rasp was being caused by the i-pipe hitting the passenger floorboard. I wrapped/padded it with silicone and it took almost all of it out. The real source of the rasp is going to be the y-pipe. Get a custom one made that actually has a 45deg merge between the two pipes. Or get a standard y and grind/smooth the inside of the merge. That's been reported multiple times to alleviate some of the rasp.

You know you've met a real car afficionado when they see the mufflers and tell you it looks just like a first gen camaro.