Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Got my Textralia Triple Disc Clutch

Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Textralia Triple Disc Clutch

Well I overpowered the Textralia twin disc I received a month ago with the carbon kevlar discs so they have now supplied me with a new triple to try. Here is a link to a pic of this unit in case anyone is interested in going this route http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186929 Heres the dyno graph to show how hard the clutch is working
http://www.camcojb.com/lesdyno17psi.tif and a video http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...96017ac13e.htm
I will post my impressions of this new unit in a couple of weeks.

Les
Old 09-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes...looks complicated (and bad ***).
Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

very bad ***, but i don't get it. I thought most twins disks were rated to like 1200 hp/tq, your "only" putting down 900 ish (so envious), or was the clutch slipping on the dyno causing lower #'s?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know Les, I was thinking- what if it was slipping because the slave was too tight against it like my Spec? Just thinking out loud because I can't see how it would blow through it so fast. That triple is bad *** though!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

wow looks awsome!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz
You know Les, I was thinking- what if it was slipping because the slave was too tight against it like my Spec? Just thinking out loud because I can't see how it would blow through it so fast. That triple is bad *** though!
Joe the carbon kevlar discs are not rated to as much torque as the metalic discs are I did not have a problem with the original metalic discs. I do not feel the problem you are having with your Spec is related to mine. I will verify clearance when I remove the unit however.

Les
Old 09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kozak
very bad ***, but i don't get it. I thought most twins disks were rated to like 1200 hp/tq, your "only" putting down 900 ish (so envious), or was the clutch slipping on the dyno causing lower #'s?
You are correct the normal twin disc would have not been an issue I was trying out the new carbon kevlar discs that Textralia provided me with to try. The new material drives absolutley like stock no chatter or noise but could not hold the torque. I am got the triple to keep the driveability and yet be able to handle the torque. And yes the clutch was slipping on the dyno run there is more power to come out my car going to hit the rollers again Friday.

Les
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please tell me your car is set up for 1/4 mile drags. I would like to see this be put to the test at the track. Good luck with it
Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

If it dont hold you need a TH400.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well this is not good news and can't seem to read that dyno.Was it slipping on the dyno? Or just at the track. Are you trying to slip it at track or dumping it. On most huge power cars you dump it and the rear end and suspension has to take the shock. On lower power cars you can slip them some.But dumping is always better for the clutch.
I don't understand thought the tex single is good to 700ft pounds and lots of guys have stated no problems with that. So would think the text twin should be good to 900 or so rwtq and the stock discs twin good to the 1200 they said.
So are you going with carbon kevlar triple now? I am wondering if I should just try to keep usning my standard twin discs as they work ok in all by the heaviest traffic situations.I do have those carbon kevlar discs that you got to try out. I will likely run around at 600 or 650 rwhp or so daily driving and very very occasionally might run 850 rwhp and maybe 100 more with nitrous also very occasionally. So was hoping those carbon kevlar could be ok.
By time next year that am trying out my tex with my turbos and likely new enigne it will also likley be too late to get them to trade me up to a triple. Oh well guess could sell the twin and go triple anyway. I am happy with tex customer support.

So one more time to be clear. The clutch is slipping on the dyno or at the track and if at the track are you duming it or slipping it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my Textralia Triple Disc Clutch