Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about heads on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about heads on a budget

How many more hp would i get out of patriot stage 2 heads compaired to z06 ls6 heads?

I can pick up a pair for 600 bucks, the patriots are 1300

Its going to be a 228/228 114 cam.

Any input be great
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The patriots will obviously be better. Do you want us to make the choice for you then ok go with the Patriots. Their customer service is legendary.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will see noticeable gains over the stock heads with our ported heads. probably in the 20-40 rwhp range. Keep in mind that if you buy a set of stock heads, you are still going to have to buy a valve spring kit. So $600 plus let's say our Gold Spring kit, $255 is $855.00 for stock heads. Since you are on a budget (and who isn't lol), you may want to consider a set of our CNC ported 243's assembled with our Patriot Gold springs and using oem non-sodium valves. These heads are only $1095.00 per pair ! If you have any questions, please let us know.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For budget heads your best bet is to spend some extra time using the trusty search button. I think with some research you'll find consistant results from our PRC line of cylinder heads. Checkout the dyno section for Precision Race Component cylinder head results. I think you'll find for awesome money you can get a consistant cylinder head that performs everytime!

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=40

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=84&catid=40

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=649&catid=40
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does no one port and polish their own heads anymore?
Just grinding away some material to match up the gaskets should help a lot and be really cheap to do.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Check out the customer support from Patriot and the ask me about the support from TSP. Selling heads is a lot more than just a good price, and all the hype you can shovel. To some vendors pushing as many heads out the door and forgetting about the cutomer is thier idea of good. Used to be mine as well until I discovered a company who takes better care of you.

Sorry Jason but your lack of follow up with me really didnt sit well with me at all.

IMHO from experience TSP's best head is their ls6.

Patriot is just plain better, they care post sale, do a search on that!! Patriot is a dedicated head builder, TSP is not.

My choices are as follows. Budget = Patriot top of the line = AFR Head I'd like to see used = ET
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Sorry Jason but your lack of follow up with me really didnt sit well with me at all.
You mean the TSP Jason and not me, right?
I was trying to think of what the hell you were talking about then I realized there were two Jason's here.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JasonWW
You mean the TSP Jason and not me, right?
I was trying to think of what the hell you were talking about then I realized there were two Jason's here.
LMAO!! Ya man you too! In fact all Jasons should consider themselves to be called out j/k And I really not mad at Jason per say as much as I'm very disappointed in my results and what happened after... mainly nothing.

I still say TSP has the best prices and they do. I just have seen the light when it comes to heads.

Did you see what Patriot did for a customer who had bought a set of used Patriot heads from someone. The guy who bought them had a few questions about them and valve wear or something and Gunnar took them in and inspected them and refreshed them for free. Now thats customer support!

Like EFILive. I bought a used setup and it wasnt working right so I contacted them. They put me in contact with Fish tuning and he had me send it to him. He was going to check it out and fix it for free when EFILive and he consulted and they sent me a whole new unit instead. The thing was from their first 100 ever made. I have been getting 5 star support from them ever since and I didnt even purchase it from them.

Those are examples of pure customer service. I'll go to Fish if I need anything EFIlive at all and if I'm looking for budget heads I'm going Patriot.

And let me say that Green Light Motorsports GLM has been very helpful as well with the EFIlive

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 09-12-2007 at 11:01 AM.