Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with StainlessWorks catback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with StainlessWorks catback?

This is for Fbodies by the way.

anyone got it? epinions?

Old 06-01-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone with StainlessWorks catback?

I think it's a fairly new product and I haven't heard of anyone using it, but their stuff is excellent quality and the service is excellent. It would be helpful if they included a picture.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think this is a picture of it, though I don't see how it goes together?

I found it in the New Products section.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a chambered exhaust, 3-1/2" chambers in a 3" I-pipe config, no muffler like in a typical catback.

They are about 15 minutes from here and I know them well. They are doing a full exhaust system on me right now. I replaced my FLP's completely with Stainless Works headers for an LS1, 2.50" y-pipe into a 3-1/2" I-pipe to a straight thru muffler with 3" tips. Sounds awesome, and should produce more power over the FLP's.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

OK, just got back from beating the snot out of the car to test out the new system.

HOLY COW!!

First of all, their headers are a much better design than FLP. Second, I have more torque across the band than before. Third, the sound is really awesome. The catback we went with on my car is designed after their C5 muffler design, and it's a fantastic sound. No droning or dump truck noise, nice and muscular. I'll get some sound clips up. At WOT it is fantastic.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

So your catback isn't like the one in the picture above with chambered sections?
If it is, is there a chambered section that goes in the I-pipe?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

No, they are working on the pictures for the catback and headers. Hopefully by this weekend.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they make true dual set ups for LS1s? Id like to get an x-pipe set up over the axle while still being able to use the FLP cats and off road pipes. I want them to build it after them that was Im still able to change them out. I sure would hate to have an off road y or x pipe and get a ticket and the only way to fix it is to take the entire thing out and put on the FLP stuff. Thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Sponsor

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in responding-Viper has been bugging me and we sometimes get so buys I can't spend as much forum time as we ant to.

We have a few different new products for the f bodies.

First, for guys with manifolds, we offer high flow LS1 and Lt1 y pipes with and without cats. We offer the lt1 pieces in aluminized, which start at $229, or stainless, and stainless only for the ls1's. We also offer a y pipe for use with hooker long tube headers to make installation much easier. These are available through us or Summit racing.

Second, we just started making long tube headers for 98-02 ls1's. We installed the second set of these on vipers car. They are as equal length as we can make them and they fit really well. The only trick to installing them is the motor needs to be slightly jacked up on the passengers side and they slip right in. On a stock 2002 car with no pcm tuning, we picked up over 30 RWHP. These are tig welded, 304 stainless, and start at $699 for bare headers with no air tubes,a nd no y pipe. Add air tubes with no y pipe and they are $799, Air tubes and y pipe they are $899. The y pipe is 2 1/2" and offers great floor and ground clearance, and I think they will fit with the double diamond style frame connectrs. We will have pictures of them on oru website by early next week.

Third, we offer a 3" chambered exhaust, and also 3" and 3 1/2" turbo muffler exhaust for the 4th gen cars. The chambered section is the one in the picture and the 3 1/2" system will also be on our website shortly. The chambered system does NOT resonate like the oher chambered systems on the market, and it sounds great. pricing for this starts at 799 which includes angle cut tips. "Big O" Tips or y tips add $150 due to the added expense of making the tips.

The 3" turbo muffler system is $649, and a 3 1/2" system is $799, with the same tip options as above. As Viper stated, the turbo muffler system sounds awesome-at creuise it is very reasonable but under full throttle it sounds very throaty and has a lot of tone-not obnoxious but very "racy"-I can't think of a good word to describe it.

We also do installs at our shop-we are located on the east side of Cleveland.

If you have any questions, please shoot us an email at mestainlessworks@aol.com -Matt, our techincal sales guy will help you any way he can, or you can call us at 800-878-3635. For a little background on us, we have been in bsuiness for 8 years and have always done private label restoration stuff for year one, the paddock, etc. We have built products for LG Motorsports, Wheel to Wheel, Lingenfelter, Mallett, etc, and have recently gotten into the late model products (We make a really nice c5 header and exhaust system also) I will try to keep an eye on the board and answer questions, but it sometimes is difficult to keep up with.

Thanks!
Al Noe
General Manager
Stainless Works