LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Entry level Mods to 96 TA

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entry level Mods to 96 TA

Alright. I am looking to start modifying my 1996 T/A RA WS6 A4. I want it to be street legal including emissions and reliable enough to drive regularly if I wanted. Currently the car has 93k on it and runs smooth and is in excellent condition. Everything is stock except for a few minor things the previous owners did to it. I am looking to spend up $1,000 and want the most bang for the buck for that. It will be almost an exclusive street car.

Mods (I was told by the previous owner... I am the third owner and all mods except superchip reprogram were done by first owner = no paperwork):

1) Superchip Reprogrammer (changed shift points and removed rev / top speed limiter)
2) An aftermarket cat back exhaust (no idea of brand...Ive lifted the car and havent been able to see any identifying marks but def not stock)
-Anyone know of a way to figure out the brand just by looks?
3) Supposedly new push-rods...havent been able to verify

Now with that budget in mind and knowing that if it is more involved than changing the oil that I dont have the time / tools / space / know-how (but I am trying to learn on this car...Since I would like to be able to do more in the future myself) so I will need most stuff installed professionally.

What do you guys suggest / recommend?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

full exhaust! cai *any will work pretty much* then do free mods. coolant bypass ect.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gears, pulleys, stall maybe

Quick Reply: Entry level Mods to 96 TA