Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Power antenna problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power antenna problems?

Hi everyone. I have a 99 Formula and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my power antenna. Sometimes it will go up and down just fine. Other times, it will go up and the antenna motor will remain running, like it's still trying to go up. Once it does this the antenna won't go down by itself. I have to push it down manually. Anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The antenna motor is bad. Time for a replacement. If you go with an OEM replacement, plan on forking over some cash. I bought a universal one from Autozone for a much cheaper price. It's done the job for almost five years now.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The antenna motor is bad. Time for a replacement. If you go with an OEM replacement, plan on forking over some cash. I bought a universal one from Autozone for a much cheaper price. It's done the job for almost five years now.
Does it fit right in, or do you have to finagle it a little? That OEM unit costs a good $100. Also, is the bezel that surrounds the antenna supposed to be a soft material? That's what I received from a dealership and I'm not even sure if that's the only piece one needs...

Quick Reply: Power antenna problems?