Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default torque arm

well i think ive come to point where im gonna break down and get rid of the stock arm

the car doesnt hit as hard as it needs to and i have to slip it alot outta the hole to get grip
my mian concern is how loud will a madman arm be compared to say a umi chassis mount short arm? or maybe a bmr? but by the time i get the arm and the relocation bracket its the same price as a madman that way
i WANT instant center adjustability
so far all i can find with that is madman and umi unless i get the seperate relocation cross member and that goes on the full lenth arms .the umi and madman are both short styles which i like
also i have kooks headers so i need one thatll fit with them and has a driveshaft loop built in preferbbly.

Thanks
Keith
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

ive got a bmr extreme for sale for $350 shipped and new crossmember is 79 shipped.New its over $650 it doesnt make anymore noise then a stock one
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My arm is a race only peice. It will not work with a Y-pipe setup. It is all rodends and it is noisy on the street.

225-343-9029
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Keith,

Thanks for the interest in our item and I will be glad to help.

Do you also have the Kook's y-pipe? If so we have a short tunnel mounted torque arm that is designed for the Kook's set-up. This item tucks up tight, does not reduce ground clearance, has a built in drive shaft loop, offers (2) instant center changes and is a 100% bolt in. If you take a look at the link below the installation pictures show this item installed with a Kooks header and y-pipe set-up.

www.umiperformance.com/2201

The Madman arm is a excellent set-up too, but as Madman said it might not be streetable.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

thanks guys for the info!

fash- ill keep it in mind but i really want the instant center option if i can find it

madman- i apreciate the honesty and defiently dont want something thats gonna be noisy as hell being the car sees 90% street , but i do wanna hook hard .
didnt relieze yours wont work with a ypipe? would you need true duals?
it is one hell of a piece though

Ryan- thats the exact one i was looking at actully and yes i have the kooks y too. i know itll be tight in the rear with the 9" but im not to worried if i have to notch the floor a little (stock hits the tunnel a tad in the back)
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
Ryan- thats the exact one i was looking at actully and yes i have the kooks y too. i know itll be tight in the rear with the 9" but im not to worried if i have to notch the floor a little (stock hits the tunnel a tad in the back)
If you have a Moser 9" it will actually fit very well. The Moser 9" allows the arm to be moved into the second set of holes with no to little modiication. This will allow the arm to sit closer to the rear and further away from the tunnel area
Old 09-16-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is the spohn one cause im starting to wonder??
Old 09-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a spohn one, it wasn't that loud, the crossmember just hangs a little low.

pewter if you want some adjustment on the front like the madman one has, you can do it with the bmr crossmember and tq arm. The tq arm doesn't hit the floor much at all, I hardly had to hit the floor at all to make room. I think 3 hits with a 2 lb hammer, is all it took, so don't be concerned with that. And the crossmember with the tq arm relocation probably weigh's 5 lbs less then the factory M6 crossmemebr does, and gets the arm off the tranny, always a good idea IMO. Your tranny mount will love you for it LOL
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
pewter if you want some adjustment on the front like the madman one has, you can do it with the bmr crossmember and tq arm. The tq arm doesn't hit the floor much at all, I hardly had to hit the floor at all to make room. I think 3 hits with a 2 lb hammer, is all it took, so don't be concerned with that. And the crossmember with the tq arm relocation probably weigh's 5 lbs less then the factory M6 crossmemebr does, and gets the arm off the tranny, always a good idea IMO. Your tranny mount will love you for it LOL
the only issue with that is with the price of an arm and that crossmemeber your at the madman price and still running a long arm. where-as you can get the short arm w/ adjustments from umi or just go madman and modify the exhaust . im leaning torwards umi as of right now but it will be over the winter when it gets done. i have a few things to check this week with the rear suspension and im going to chevy fest on the 30th to see if it helps at all. then over the winter i have a few things i will do
Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
the only issue with that is with the price of an arm and that crossmemeber your at the madman price and still running a long arm. where-as you can get the short arm w/ adjustments from umi or just go madman and modify the exhaust . im leaning torwards umi as of right now but it will be over the winter when it gets done. i have a few things to check this week with the rear suspension and im going to chevy fest on the 30th to see if it helps at all. then over the winter i have a few things i will do

Sounds like a plan.

One thing to consider though, if you do go the bmr route, you will nto be adding a crossmember where the gload brace used to be, you just run a standard loop there and you are replacing the heavy tranny crossmember with a tubular unit that does remove some weight.