Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

F-body and Corvette Photoshoot - Ottawa area

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-body and Corvette Photoshoot - Ottawa area

Before the end of the year we're going to do a Camaro/Firebird and Corvette photoshoot. The invitation is open all models and generations of both models. Details are below;

Who? 67-02 Camaro's, Firebirds, Trans Am's and '53-present Corvette's in the Ottawa/Gatineau and surrounding areas.

What? High quality individual and group pictures of all participants cars. Two photographers have volunteered to take pictures at no cost.

When? September 29th, 2007- meeting @ 1:00pm.

Where? We will be meeting in the North/East corner of the Ikea parking lot which is roughly at the corner of the 417 (South side) and Pinecrest (East side). Below is an aerial shot, the 417 is represented with green, Pinecrest with yellow. We will meet somewhere in the area of the red circle. The location of the actual photoshoot is yet to be determined, although it won't be far. As mentioned, we'll be meeting at 1:00pm.

More details:
- There is no cost for pictures, however if you'd like to purchase a CD with all of the pictures from the day they will be available for $10.
- No need to RSVP, BUT, if you'd like a reminder a week or so before the shoot send me an email (andre_joly@pch.gc.ca) and I'll gladly send out a reminder email.
- Please make sure you have enough gas to get around, it's unknown whether our drive to the location will take us by a station.
- Feel free to pass the word on

Important:
If the weather looks bad for that Saturday I will be posting in this thread approximately 24hrs before the meet check back here if you're in doubt

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email; andre_joly@pch.gc.ca

Last edited by V6auto; 09-17-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

I thought this was just an f-body get together.

Are you saying that if you want to attend you have to pay the $60? What if you don't want this photographer to take a picture of your car and provide a CD?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by beaSSt
I thought this was just an f-body get together.

Are you saying that if you want to attend you have to pay the $60? What if you don't want this photographer to take a picture of your car and provide a CD?
Photography is your choice if you wish to participate otherwise its still a meet
Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V6auto
Before the end of the year we're going to do a Camaro/Firebird and Corvette photoshoot. The invitation is open all models and generations of both models. Details are below;

Who? 67-02 Camaro's, Firebirds, Trans Am's and '53-present Corvette's in the Ottawa/Gatineau and surrounding areas.

What? High quality individual and group pictures of all participants cars. A professional photographer has been hired and will provide all participants with a CD with the digital images from that day.

When? September 29th, 2007- meeting @ 1:00pm.

Where? We will be meeting in the North/East corner of the Ikea parking lot which is roughly at the corner of the 417 (South side) and Pinecrest (East side). Below is an arial shot, the 417 is represented with green, Pinecrest with yellow. We will meet somewhere in the area of the red circle. The location of the actual photoshoot is yet to be determined, although it won't be far. As mentioned, we'll be meeting at 1:00pm.

More details:
- The cost for this is $60 per car, payable when you arrive.
- No need to RSVP, BUT, if you'd like a reminder a week or so before the shoot send me an email (andre_joly@pch.gc.ca) and I'll gladly send out a reminder email.
- Please make sure you have enough gas to get around, it's unknown whether our drive to the location will take us by a station.
- Feel free to pass the word on

Important:
If the weather looks bad for that Saturday I will be posting in this thread approximately 24hrs before the meet check back here if you're in doubt

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email; andre_joly@pch.gc.ca

Are u saying it's $65 just to bring your car there?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Free to show up and meet with people. Should you opt for photography there wil be a charge. We are changing photographers as well as this one is a little steep. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Teching In

The original post will be revised, but here are the changes:

There will be photo's taken free of charge for participants, as before this will include group and individual shots. The only costs associated will be for people wanting a CD with all of the pictures, these will be $10 and all of the money will go to the two photographers to thank them for there time. CD's will be produced during the week following the shoot and I (Andre) will be responsible for delivering/mailing them to participants.

As before if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch (andre_joly@pch.gc.ca)
Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Would it be possible to tell people where the meet will actually be held?

I've talked to a number of people and they can't be sure that they will be at Ikea right at 1:00 p.m. but would go directly to where ever the meet will take place if they can arrive a bit later.

If you give people an idea where everyone will eventually be I think you might get a pretty good turn-out.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Teching In

It hasn't been posted b/c i hasn't been decided. We need somewhere that can accomodate a potentially large number of cars, but also creates a good backdrop. Is there anything that comes to mind?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Teching In

...this weekend folks
Old 09-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Launching!

So can you tell people where the meet will be if they don't make it to Ikea for 1:00?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Teching In

We're still unsure. The photographer has a couple suggestions, as do I. We're going to get some opinions as to where to go for the pictures once everyone is together (@ Ikea @1pm), we'll take it from their. If you (or somebody else) can't make it for 1:00pm feel free to give me a call a little later and i'll let you know where we decide. My name is Andre and I can be reached at (613) 558-2100.

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Fantastic Turnout!!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had an awesome time. I have yet to go through all my pictures, but these are some of the good ones at first glance.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

I was too busy to make it unfortunately. How many of you guys were there at the photoshoot? Anyone interested in a fall cruise? A number of F-body guys will be heading out Sunday October 14th to the Calabogie area and returning via highway 148 on the Quebec side.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Launching!

It looks like we have close to a dozen interested in the cruise now. The current plan is to meet at the Tim Horton's in Almonte at 10:00 a.m on Sunday Oct 14th. It's on the right hand side just as you enter Almonte on March Road. There is actually a stop light there. If we meet in the parking lot of the new mall just before the Tim Horton's there is lots of parking space.

Based on some suggestions the return route has been changed a bit as the 148 return would take 2 - 2.5 hours. The current suggestion is to meet in
Almonte, head up to Calabogie through Pakenham / White Lake, and
then take Hwy 511 back to Perth and then to Carleton Place. At that
point the guys south of the city may head their way and the balance
can proceed to Ottawa.

Harry
Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

This cruise sounds interesting... is there an official topic posted anywhere?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Launching!

There's no official posting anywhere. It's just a casual cruise that's open to anyone who wants to come. In addition to f-bodies there may be some Vettes, Chevelles & Novas from south of Ottawa attend as well.

We just thought that we would meet in Almonte at the mall beside the Tim Hortons on March Road around 10:00 and then take the paved backroads up to Calabogie Motorsports Park.

We'll probably grab lunch in Calabogie and then there is a great road from Calabogie to Perth (Highway 511) that's excellent for cruising. From Perth we can take either Highway 7 back to Ottawa through Carleton Place or there is also a good cruise road on Highway 43 that goes through Smiths Falls and then back to Ottawa.

Just a fun day of cars, cruising and watching some time trials at Calabogie.

Quick Reply: F-body and Corvette Photoshoot - Ottawa area