Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Armor All Gel products..?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Armor All Gel products..?

Anyone ever use this stuff, I bought the interior gel for the dash and also the leather gel for the seats. The leather gel smells like leather, but havent used it yet(Sitting in a bag in my room).

Are these good products, I was impressed with the Tire gel, but dont know anything about these..

Thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Going to return the leather gel, i picked up some Connellys Hide Food, supposed to be the best stuff out.

Im gonna keep the armor all interior gel for the dash though.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Ive never tried it and its sitting in my garage. I usually just use leather conditioner on the dash and it looks pretty good.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

I usually just wipe the dash down with a damp cloth so I don't get blinded when the sun hits it. How do you like the Connely's stuff?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)

dont use the tire shine gel, it BLOWS. havent tried the interior shine gel yet.

my best experience with tire shine is the spray can (non foam), or turtle wax clear gel.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I REALLY recommend that tire gel stuff, it is the absolute best HANDS DOWN. Has lasted over two weeks.

The connellys hide food, is supposed to extend its life by twice as much. Its what Rolls Royce and Bentley only use. Its the BEST. A little tub about the size of a vaseline jar was 25 bucks after taxes.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SHINER
The connellys hide food, is supposed to extend its life by twice as much. Its what Rolls Royce and Bentley only use. Its the BEST. A little tub about the size of a vaseline jar was 25 bucks after taxes.
I've read that stuff is better suited for untreated leather. They also say it smells like kerosene, is that true?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

a smells a little like that, but goes away after you buff it out and let the doors stay open for like 20 mins to let the cars interior sorta "breathe"

It great for any leather really, but i see what you are saying for the untreated leather statement.

I would probably use Mink Oil for un treated leather just to sorta waterproof it as much as possible.

I heard Skunk oil is the one of the best too, but it smells like **** for 7 days then goes away, and its probably better than the Hide's Food, but its also 75 dollars a bottle.

I dont use leather cleaner or anything. I get a bucket of ivory soap/water solution and a rag and scrub the seats down(you will be amazed how much **** your going to get off with the ivory soap) Then let that dry then put your conditoner/hide food/whatever, let it sit on there, then buff out with a moist(not wet) cloth. I also heard woolite and water makes a great cleaner for leather(but i havent tried it, nor think i will)
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally don't like any of the armor all products tried many of them and most are no good in my opinion. There leather products really suck IMO they seem to help for like 10min then the seats look even worse than before I applied it. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Armor All Gel products..?