Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hey guys need help

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I'm not sure where to post this question. I have a 2000 trans am ls1 car and have a slight problem. When I try to drive normally and just accelerate from a stop my car will hesitate at points and kinda feel like it falls on its face a little. The closest thing I can compare it to is the other day I was driving the wifes car and she reached over and turned on the A/C and the power fell off slightly. I took my car to the dealer because when this happened the service engine light came on and the code read one cat and both rear o2 sensors were bad. The dealer said they checked the cat and it wasnt bad and at $72.00 an hour they wanted to road test my car and check the fuel pressure. I picked up the car and checked the pressure myself at idle and with the key on and pressure was what the book said it should be but with my guage I cant drive the car and check it. I changed the fuel filter but they also said the fuel pump could be bad. The only problem I have with that theory is if I have a fuel pressure problem the car shouldnt run great at WOT right or am I wrong? Sorry so long I just need some answers please
Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Am I the only one who has ever had this problem?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Is there a better section to post this thread in?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

dirty maf, really dirty filter, really dirty throttle body (maybe its sticking) Id remove and clean the thottle body, clean the maf with elctrical contact cleaner. Run some lucas tune up in a bottle through the gas tank....get back to us after uve done thse things.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks for the advice I know the filter and maf are clean I just checked them when I changed the fuel filter just trying to eliminate all the easy stuff first. I just ran fuel injector cleaner/octane boost through it a couple tanks ago but I think I used to much last time. I was going to race at a flashlight drag and decided to buy some octane boost but didnt read the instructions and poured the whole bottle that treats 25 gal in about 1/4 tank of gas. I thought that might be some of the problem but dealer said no.