Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

last minute pointers from the experience racers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last minute pointers from the experience racers

I have just a few questions. I did already read the sticky on racing, and this will be my first time.

1. Is taking out my seats, radio, changer. Going to be worth it?

2. 114 octane going to do anygood? Should i run norman 91 or just mix in some boost.

3. I heard that the track surface is increadably diffrent from an asphault surface. So, should i smoke the tires or not? If so how long? THEY ARE DR's. Does the track surface grip better or worse? on the road if i stall the car to only 2,000 rpm and then just hammer it, it spins about halfway through the intersection then grabs and takes off, so on the track should i stall more? or less or what. In other words , Teach me the best way to run a mildly modded car with a stall and DR's on a track surface. THANK YOU!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Any weight loss is good (100# equals about .1 drop in et)
2. Don't use 114 unless big powered engine and tuned. Prem gas is OK. Octane booster doesn't help all that much. 91 octane - no 93 available?
3. Do a very good burn out - 5+ seconds. Yes the track will be a lot different than the street. A lot more sticky - if prep'd correctly. Try different launches. Start off at 2000rmp's and see what it does. Up until it spins. You stated you are going to be using DR. Start air pressure at 16 cold. Go up or down depends on spin or boog.

Practice, practice, practice Good luck

David
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
1. Any weight loss is good (100# equals about .1 drop in et)
2. Don't use 114 unless big powered engine and tuned. Prem gas is OK. Octane booster doesn't help all that much. 91 octane - no 93 available?
3. Do a very good burn out - 5+ seconds. Yes the track will be a lot different than the street. A lot more sticky - if prep'd correctly. Try different launches. Start off at 2000rmp's and see what it does. Up until it spins. You stated you are going to be using DR. Start air pressure at 16 cold. Go up or down depends on spin or boog.

Practice, practice, practice Good luck

David
Yea no 93 Octane is available. Thanks very much for the tips!