Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob from Dallas

Just got my 02 WS6. Traded in my wife of 2 years. I think I came out ahead in the deal..... Anyways, I've been wanting a WS6 for years now and its finally happened. Now that I joined here I guess the next thing to do is the typical car forum thing and put a pic of my car in my sig line.

As for the car its straight up factory, I need to change that. Wouldn't mind getting out to meet some other LS1 owners to get some ideas and tips from. I have a lot of free time on my hands now so whatever gets me out of the house helps. BTW when it comes to technical information I know nothing about that crap. So if anyone would like to bash a noob I'm here for ya.

Justin
Old 09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Congrads on the buy. Post some pics if you can.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to the site. You can learn alot here.
Start off with a lid then think about some headers.
If its an auto (often called an A4) start looking at stalls (torque converters)
Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sworaz
Congrads on the buy. Post some pics if you can.

Don't have a digital camera anymore, that along with most my other belongings are with my soon to be ex wife. Anyways, heres some pics of the exact same car. Only difference is I have tinted windows. Unfortunately it is an auto. I've been driving a manual Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins turbo diesel the past 2 years in rush our traffic in Dallas - basically like driving in a crowded parking lot. I got tired of shifting so I decided to lose some of my manhood and go auto with this one.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WS 666
Don't have a digital camera anymore, that along with most my other belongings are with my soon to be ex wife. Anyways, heres some pics of the exact same car. Only difference is I have tinted windows. Unfortunately it is an auto. I've been driving a manual Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins turbo diesel the past 2 years in rush our traffic in Dallas - basically like driving in a crowded parking lot. I got tired of shifting so I decided to lose some of my manhood and go auto with this one.

don't let the auto get you twisted? put a stall in there and have the stick guys bitchin' about racing from a dig! what part of Dallas are you in? I just got mine a 2002 silver WS6 A4 back in january and have done the lid,K&N filter, and cutout at first and ran ok at the track but the car is a animal from a 60 punch (whooped a couple of newer vette's) but I now have a Yank 4000 stall,long tube headers and true duals and it's a monster! you might want something a little smaller especially if you don't race much? like a 3200-3600 stall and exhaust and a tune and you will be realy happy..................unless...............
Old 09-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
don't let the auto get you twisted? put a stall in there and have the stick guys bitchin' about racing from a dig! what part of Dallas are you in? I just got mine a 2002 silver WS6 A4 back in january and have done the lid,K&N filter, and cutout at first and ran ok at the track but the car is a animal from a 60 punch (whooped a couple of newer vette's) but I now have a Yank 4000 stall,long tube headers and true duals and it's a monster! you might want something a little smaller especially if you don't race much? like a 3200-3600 stall and exhaust and a tune and you will be realy happy..................unless...............
Currently I am in Plano, but that is temporary. Will probably stay in the North Dallas area or move back out by the Aubrey/Denton area.

For right now I don't know what direction I want to take the car exactly. Well, I take that back, I know what direction I want to take it just don't know how FAR I want to take it. Faster and louder is always better in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Currently I am in Plano, but that is temporary. Will probably stay in the North Dallas area or move back out by the Aubrey/Denton area.

For right now I don't know what direction I want to take the car exactly. Well, I take that back, I know what direction I want to take it just don't know how FAR I want to take it. Faster and louder is always better in my opinion.
LOL, I'm in the plano area every saturday with my 9 year old son playing academy soccer over off of spring creek! the stall I mentioned and the long tubes and true duals will get you very happy and probably close to exceeding what you wanted!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
LOL, I'm in the plano area every saturday with my 9 year old son playing academy soccer over off of spring creek! the stall I mentioned and the long tubes and true duals will get you very happy and probably close to exceeding what you wanted!
Spring Creek and Coit? I played those fields when I was a kid. Back when Spring Creek didn't go west of Coit.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Welcome to the boards ! If you get up around my part of the woods hopefully we will run into each other.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spring Creek and Coit? I played those fields when I was a kid. Back when Spring Creek didn't go west of Coit.
yes sir at High point park!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Do you take your son out there in the WS6? If so I might swing by sometime, thats about 5 minutes from me.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the board and congrats on the car and divorce
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

hey man, sorry to hear bout the whole divorce situation, but sounds like your not too unhappy with the outcome, so that's good. I'm from Garland, and I have a 98 formula ws6, but I as well as my baby are currently in College Station (I go to A&M) I have two really good friends who live at independence and custer, so I'll let you know if I ever make a trip up there to see them. But I agree with everyone else - start with a lid (or K&N FIPK, if you'd prefer to go that route) both of which are relatively easy installs to get more horsepower out of your intake. After that, like some people said, start lookin at headers and exhaust. SLP loudmouth is the loudest from what I've heard, though my Borla gets prety loud with the restrictor plate removed. Good luck modding and happy hunting Lemme know if you ever need help with anything.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you take your son out there in the WS6? If so I might swing by sometime, thats about 5 minutes from me.
nah, the whole family goes out there(5 kids and the wife and I) and besides the WS6 is lowered and would scrape the **** out of the speed bump's!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome, i'm from irving. get a stall and gears and that'll make it fun
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

ill be posting this same thread....once I move to Texas.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time For H/c Lt's And A X Pipe!!!!!!!

Hav Fun

Welcome
Old 09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

welcome fellow newbie.lol. dfw is a bad *** area for ls1's i guess
Old 09-15-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

you got that car from stadium auto right lol very mean looking beast but yea stall , and some bolt ons you will be ok. o yea gears too
Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, AUTO is the way to go.. You will see that it kicks ***... But anyways...
I am also from Dallas... So you need to get out to the track and run it.. SEe what she has... THE CAR.. NOT THE X.....

But so if you have time on your hands.. ENNIs on the 7th of OCt...

And Sunday... tomorrow.... Sept..16 a few of us are going to woop some ricer asses at kennedale....

So if you are interested... Kennedale tomorrow...