Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

new clutch install (shop review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch install (shop review)

I'm a firm believer in passing on good experiences when dealing with local shops.

Recently I had ordered an LS7 clutch kit, I was debating on installing it myself or just footing the bill and having it done for me.

With life's crazy schedule (family vacation) I decided to just have it done by a professional. I knew of all the LSX based shops and had visited one of them, the only problem is I live out in Surprise and didn't have time or another vehicle to get around in while my car was on the east side of town.

I knew Dan from Performance Solutions from referring a Mustang buddy to them, stopping in and from another local car forum I visit. The thing the shop was known for was Mustang performance so I was honestly a little apprehensive to drop my Camaro off to them. Dan assured me that he and the others have built and worked on LT1 and LSX based cars for quite some time and even had an LT1 Camaro that was being completed down at the shop currently (built motor).

So I drove down the day before my vacation and dropped the car off. If you don't already know the shop is on 27th Ave and McDowell, so it was an easy trip and only about 18 minutes from my house in Surprise.

That afternoon I picked the car, I got there early to see them bleeding the hydraulic system (which I've heard is such a nightmare), they did like 3-5 cracks of the bleeder and that was it, after reading how people bleed for hours I was surprised since somehow I was still looking at all the Mustangs sitting around in the shop and my Camaro on the rack. I still had the this is a Mustang shop thing stuck in my head and they just knocked out my clutch in less then a half a day.

The clutch is now broken in (has about 350 miles on it), the pedal has come up to stock height and I have absolutely no complaints what so ever.

All in all, the pricing was good, the work was above expectation and the customer service was great. I can't complain about one thing and will continue to use PSR as needed in the future and also recommend others to use them.

Thanks to Dan and Bill
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

If theyre not a sponsor here this thread might get locked!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

How much did they charge you?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

You would probably be better off sending a PM to them, I'm not sure if they sponsor anything on the site in our region. I know Dan/PSR is a member though.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

I'm interested to know how much they charged you also.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

1 million dollors lol Im glade that your car is working properly Allen
Old 09-20-2007, 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

They work on Fords... they're used to fixing/replacing things often and quickly - they get A LOT of practice, I'm sure
Old 09-20-2007, 05:22 AM
12 Second Club

cool good to hear people doing legit work....
Old 09-20-2007, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
They work on Fords... they're used to fixing/replacing things often and quickly - they get A LOT of practice, I'm sure
Funny that you mention it, this is what I got to look at the whole time I was there. I thought my car had a leak, but I think it just squirted on the ground in fear of all the turbo'd Stangs sitting around it.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

Hey I built that mustang and the custom turbo kit ^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol

Actually, we are one of the only Fabrication shops around that does dyno tuning. We have done a lot of LSX cars, in the past when we worked for other people. We just finished a mild Lt1 car and it laid down 425HP on motor alone. I also have just bought a 2001 camaro to make in to a race car. We are going to build a custom turbo kit for it, along with a billet 6.0l motor. We are in the possess of getting everything together to offer custom turbo kits and the motor is almost done.

You are correct we are well known in the mustang community both locally and nationally. We built and race the fastest 2.2 KB cobra in the world, with out the aid of nitrous. We in the possess of getting ready to hit a high 8 sec time with this same combination.

Anyway back to the topic
The camaro will be a stroked 6.0l completely caged back by a 2 speed glide and a Neal chance converter. This should help us plant the power from the 98mm precision turbo to the ground. This car will still maintain complete street ability with the exception of fuel. Sadly to say this will be faster than the 2004 cobra

We are here to help, by offering exceptional pricing, quality work. And tons of experience in the field of racing. We will also be making custom parts in the near future. Thank you Allen for letting us help you. Seeing as how Allen was trying to shine some light so people know there is another place that does good work in the valley I will go a head and pay for advertisement on this forum, I have the link already. Thank you and have a nice day, Payment will be there shortly

thanks Dan
Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

That's cool, glad you are looking at doing some sponsor ship. I think being on the westside it will help out quite a bit, I know for me the far east valley is quite a distance.

Nothing against the shops at all over there, but it's just to far of a drive and without a second mode of trans it's tough to get around.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I never thought you could get complete streetability from a high stall TC and a 2 speed tranny...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Wow, I never thought you could get complete streetability from a high stall TC and a 2 speed tranny...
Na$ty-TA street drives his car with a glide He also runs 9's.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 AM
PSR
9 Second Club

im going for low 8s or high 7s like I said the mustang runs well in to the mid 9 bracket and I think the LSX car will be alot better.

Quick Reply: new clutch install (shop review)