Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle drops, inptu and help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default idle drops, inptu and help please

ok i've got no codes coming up. i'm thinkin vaccuum leak because when i come to a stop my car's idle drops to 500 when my foot is on the brake but when i take my foot off the brake and pull the e-brake or just put it in nuetral the idle sits at 600 . . . i'm gonna pull my manifold next weekend and replace the gaskets and make sure everything is hooked up in the back of the manifold. any other ideas?
things i'm gonna do tomorrow: oil change, fuel filter change, empty my gas tank of that crappy Raley's gas and fill with chevron 91 and add in fuel injector cleaner. i've pulled the air filter and it's clean, so is the MAF and everything visible is plugged in. i'm really hoping it's the gaskets never got sealed properly underside of the manifold.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the air lines from the manifolds also, and any vaccum line also. might also check your EGR seal also.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
check the air lines from the manifolds also, and any vaccum line also. might also check your EGR seal also.
egr and air are gone from my engine, BUT the egr tube that goes into the passenger side exhaust manifold when i was installing a block off plate i broke the top screw head so the block off plate is screwed in all the way on the bottom screw bottom no top screw at all.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

well i changed the oil and fuel filter today and the fuel filter dumped out some **** that was almost black!! my car drove better but again at idle i was barely over 500 when it should be near 600
Old 09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Have you checked the idle air control? Sometimes it can get pretty dirty and cause some idling problems.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripps
Have you checked the idle air control? Sometimes it can get pretty dirty and cause some idling problems.

pull it, wipe it, leave it unplugged, turn the car on 10 seconds, off again, on, then off, plug it back in, and see what happens, will have to re-learn... I didn't clean mine up when I did my TB swap and have been having my idle drop at times when I come to a stop, it's intermitent though, doesn't happen every time until after the engine is warmer, but its a good bet thats what it is
Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 AM
TECH Veteran

nope it was my fuel filter!! thank God it was an easy fix, i played with a GTO on the freeway yesterday and i pulled him once . . . i missed my power!