LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just got my Cut Our installed, got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got my Cut Our installed, got a ?

And Im very happy with it, my low end is not as good as it was (a4 car with stock stall) but once its rolling its a monster. And its loud as ****

Now for my question. At low RPM's it seems as if the exhuast is not so much banging but hitting under the car. Has anyone else noticed that? If so what did you do to cure it?

Thanks.

And if anyone without a cut out or is thinking of getting one, I dont want this to scare you away from it. I love it and I wouldnt take it back.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine sounds like knocking when I'm just cruising too. I'm sure that its not banging on the floor board though. You said you lost low end with yours, I dont notice any low end loss when mine is open.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nomoneyz
Mine sounds like knocking when I'm just cruising too. I'm sure that its not banging on the floor board though. You said you lost low end with yours, I dont notice any low end loss when mine is open.
Yeah its a little sluggish now.But the sound is awesome (too bad Its too load for the street), and when I get on it from a roll, its killer now. Load and fast.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Thats why i love my electric cut out, Loud when i wanna be quite when i go by a cop. I drive around with it open though most of the time. Where did you put yours?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

I ended up putting mine right before the "over axel pipe". Theres not too much meat in front of the cat, and when I get my headers Im sure it'll make it worse. I love the sound, but dang I know the **** P.D. around here will be all over me.

Quick Reply: Just got my Cut Our installed, got a ?