Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Car doesnt want to start

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car doesnt want to start

I was having problems with my 2001 Camaro not wanting to start. I checked the battery it was good, Checked and then replaced my Alternator but then found out that my plug from the harness to the Alternator was broken. I fixed that and the car has been running good. Battery is being charged and volt gauge is showing 13 volts. But then I drive about 140 miles to a drag strip to test the car with all my new bolt on mods. I turn car off let it sit for about 20 min and then attempt to start the car and it wont start. WTF Now I'm not happy. I mess with the cables and wait about 10 min then the car starts but I noticed that the clock in the car isnt right again. The gauge reads 14 and everything looks good again. I run the **** out of the car and cant get traction and the fastest run was a 13.10 which sucks because I ran a 13.22 with street tires and cat back, and cold air lid. Now I have dual exhaust in a x pipe, headers, under drive pulley, and tune, Nitto 315/30r18 drag radials. and I only run a 13.10. WTF now I'm really pissed off.
So back to the problem do you guys think that its a battery cable problem ??? Input please.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I let the car sit for about two days then I started it up last night and drove to my girls house about 15 min away and everything was fine. It starts and the volt gauge was reading fine the hole time. I have to have a wire that shorts out somewhere. I guess I will just have to check. Has anyone had this problem