Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New motor and turbo kit,blowing smoke during decel.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New motor and turbo kit,blowing smoke during decel.

So i fired up my forged 347 and precision 67 single turbo kit with fmic last night. Everything is going great,car runs,idles and drives almost perfect. Only problem is if i get into any boost or even just in park rev it to 3-4k after i let off the gas a nice puff of smoke comes out of the tail pipes.

Its oil for sure. Im running 6 quarts of 10w40. Any ideas??

Thanks
Alex
Old 09-15-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles are on the motor?

Is this a rear mount set up?

Glenn
Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It now has 50 miles. ITs a front mount. I actually just figured it out. I plugs up my catch can setup and put a breather on the valve cover and it went away completely.

Now my question is, what is the proper way to run a catch can on an fi application.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The catch can question has be debated and you will have some people tell you to ditch the PCV system and only use a catch can or you will have people like me who will tell you to keep the PCV system and add a catch can in line.

If you search, you will find some good info. MightyMouse did a nice set-up on his. I interrupted the PCV line right before it attaches to the manifold and ran an air compressor evap canister with a check valve in line with the PCV. Than I added a breather on the valve cover. I still want to add a line from the valve cover to the canister and than down to in front of the turbo so when the check valve closes under boost, the turbo will help draw crank case pressure out of the motor.

Anyways, do a search and you will see that there are a couple of opinions out here with some good advice. The nice thing is, some of the good advice on here is back with a little trial and error.

Glenn

Quick Reply: New motor and turbo kit,blowing smoke during decel.