Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy question about QA1s

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Easy question about QA1s

This may be a dumb question, but I'm a little confused about the numbered settings on QA1s. What I'm wondering is, if I turn the **** all the way to the left until it stops, is that set on position "1" or is that set on "0"? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I understand so if someone says to run the rears on six, do I turn it 5 turns to the right to get position 6, or do I turn it 6 times? Thanks guys.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zero, you could count them to be sure...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
Zero, you could count them to be sure...
Ok, so all the way to the left is zero. Thanks. Not sure what i would count to be sure. That was my problem.....I didn't know if I was supposed to start counting at zero or one, know what I mean? Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

No problem. By counting what I was getting at was, start all the way to the left and then start clicking. If you get 12 clicks, (you should), then you started at 0. If you only get 11 then you started at 1. Assuming they are 12 adjustables...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
No problem. By counting what I was getting at was, start all the way to the left and then start clicking. If you get 12 clicks, (you should), then you started at 0. If you only get 11 then you started at 1. Assuming they are 12 adjustables...
OK, I got ya. The reason I didn't go with that reasoning before was because I thought they would actually physically turn further than 12 clicks because the paperwork I got with them said not to turn them more than 12 clicks to the right. I knew I'd never run them that tight, so I guess I've just never turned them that far to see if they'd stop after 12 or keep turning like the paperwork made it sound. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GC99TA
OK, I got ya. The reason I didn't go with that reasoning before was because I thought they would actually physically turn further than 12 clicks because the paperwork I got with them said not to turn them more than 12 clicks to the right. I knew I'd never run them that tight, so I guess I've just never turned them that far to see if they'd stop after 12 or keep turning like the paperwork made it sound. Thanks again.
They will turn past 12 (which I think is silly)
I put mine on last night and decided that if I am not 100% sure where they
are set, turn em back to zero and count again just to be safe.

Oh, and driving on the street with them set to 12 is like riding on a sheet of plywood LMAO.