LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problem with plugs???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with plugs???

finis\hed installing the plugs earler had to replace wires too but only had time for the pass side when we started it up it was shaking we had 4 and 2 mixed fixed and idled fine but smells really rich, we took it for a drive and i was making a noise i couldnt track down but i did noticed top end was pulling like a s\omagun.. i thought i head knock but wasnt sure, i cruzed to my girls house normal, just now its dark and i got on it and i heard the knock at low rpm then went awayhigher up looked in the rear view smoke everywhere parked it.. question is would not replacing the driver side wire make it do that? nothing else was changed ngk tr55 @.050 i was going to put the other wires one this weekend and leaved it parked till then anyone know what could be up car is\ all stock
Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

anyone?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

well i had it scanned by a friend using http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diag...ewer.asp?id=97
that same snap on scanner and it said that the maf is whats making it run rich i dont know if it means anything but idle was 1.50-1.20v back and forth?? im going to spray it out with the cleaner

Quick Reply: Problem with plugs???