LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help with injector size for boost!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help with injector size for boost!!!

Hey guys i am hearing mixed things from different tuners... I have a 383 lt1 with all listed in sig... It is (10:5:1) i am going to be putting a vortec s trim on it with aftercooler, I know the compression is high but i am only running 6-8psi.... I have heard that i need a 42lbs, 60lbs and then alky control... I need to know where to go with this. I am going to order some injectors here soon cause i just had to cancel a order i had from summit because i am so confused. Please give your input if you don;t mind thanks again.. I would like the car for drag but occasional crusing on sat nights.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

get 42 pound youll be fine!! That cam is not optimal for a blower though its going to bleed boost off. Ideally you want an lsa of 114 or higher.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

60 lb. would be the best ones to go with,
u will outgrow those 42 lb. also safer to use the 60's
tuning difficulty will the same for either,
also should use aeromotive fpr that has 1:1 rising rate feature,
and is adj.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
60 lb. would be the best ones to go with,
u will outgrow those 42 lb. also safer to use the 60's
tuning difficulty will the same for either,
also should use aeromotive fpr that has 1:1 rising rate feature,
and is adj.
He is not going to outgrow anything with 10.5 compression. He will only be able to run 6-8psi max safely. 42lb will be fine for that boost level. I could see 60lb injectors for 12 psi but this is not the case. Honestly I would stay with your current setup. you have to steep of a gear, to high of compression, and your cam lsa needs to be higher for a blower. I think your car will loose et in the quarter... Just my two cents though.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
He is not going to outgrow anything with 10.5 compression. He will only be able to run 6-8psi max safely. 42lb will be fine for that boost level. I could see 60lb injectors for 12 psi but this is not the case. Honestly I would stay with your current setup. you have to steep of a gear, to high of compression, and your cam lsa needs to be higher for a blower. I think your car will loose et in the quarter... Just my two cents though.

I feel ya on that but i am going to give it a shot i mean i can take it back off if i am not happy with it.... But i got a hell of a deal on it the whole vortec s-trim kit and everything with it including the aftercooler kit for $1700 and it only has 5K miles on it mostly from highway i got it from my engine builder and he got is from a older gentlemen... But i mean 6-8psi isn;t to much but enough....

Quick Reply: Need help with injector size for boost!!!