Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding cats!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding cats!!

Hey guys,

I'm finally doing some bolt ons to my 2000 Camaro SS and am having trouble figuring out what is a good reputable cat? I seem to see that magnaflow has a cat for my car, but only the left side, no right cat. Also, the other company is called Eastern Catalytic. I have never heard of them, are they good? Let me know what is a good, affordable cat for my vehicle please!!! I'm looking at the magnaflow exhaust stainless steel kit or the Flowmaster american thunder series with the 80 series muffler as the catback.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leave the cats off. Stay away from the Flowmaster, it sounds nice, but does nothing for performance.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Teching In

I was leaning more towards the magnaflow anyways because I've heard the flowmaster sound good, but don't do much in the power department. I can't leave my cats off because of emissions in VA. Any good cat suggestions? I'm seeing alot of eastern catalytic and magnaflow, but cant find a passenger side magnaflow cat for my car.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

get MAGNAFLOW Universal Cats...put them on for Emissions...then remove them until next time...thats what I did...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

We sell and have had very good success with the Random Technology bullet cats. They flow great and are very small so they do not cost you ground clearance.