Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I in trouble? Mods + 2800 verter

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I in trouble? Mods + 2800 verter

I've been reading a lot an have come to this conclusion: If you mod your car increase your stall. If this is true...why? Ive got heads, cam, exhaust, slp lid, stroked, stage 3 raptor tranny and 2800 stall. Am I asking for trouble or is the stall more for the fun factor? Any help appreciated
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Adding a stall is a great performance mod. I am not sure what you asking in the question though , It is a little hardr on the trans but you dont have a very large stall at 2800 and you have a built trans. So what is it your actually wanting to know? If your asking if you need more stall for a moded car that depends on how moded it is, I will say adding more stall will increase the fun factor as you call it but is probably not a requirement.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, no idea how much HP it has as it was mostly modded before I bought it. It's been stroked to 6.2 liters (I think thats what the stroke is) has AFR heads, cam, fast manifold, 90mm throttle body, SLP lid, injectors, SLP loudmouth and a couple other things I'm sure. Computer was tuned by thunderracing (where most of the parts came from) and the tranny is a stage 3 raptor from transmissioncenter.net

Performabuilt: What do you think of this level 3 tranny I bought? (have the torque drive upgrade as well)

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm

All this with the 2800 stall...is there a chance of damage simply because the stall is so low? THANKS
Old 09-20-2007, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The converter stall RPM should be matched to the power curve of the camshaft, coupled with the rear axle gear ratio and tire roll out.

In a street application it is not too critical, as long as it is not too high nor too low. Generally speaking and painting with a broad stroke.

Many racers will change the converer stall speed or entire converter based on 60' times, whether they have upgraded to a larger power adder, changed gears, are looking for less or more RPM through the traps and so on.

The question you asked is solely dependant on your intended use of the vehicle and it's current driveability manners. If the combination was tuned at Thunder, call those boys up and ask them about the overall combination. They will be better suited to answer your question as they have seen the car!

Hope that helps.

g
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont think you have to worry about damage because the stall is low performance loss maybe but with all that engine I wonder if you can actually put the power to the ground now lol. As for the trans you bought the build looks decent I am not real familiar with the company other than they have the most anoying website I have ever been to its like the whole site is on one page that goes on forever. But I really havent heard much about them good or bad from going through the forums I do know from doing searches they are very well advertised seems they come up in about any search for anything trans related so hats off to there webmaster for that. As ACE said the converter you need depends on 1 what your trying to accomplish and 2 what works best with your engine/gear and car. The people who have worked with the car and dynoed it would be best suited to answer the question of what would give the most performance and then its up to you to decide the compromise between drivability and performance.
Originally Posted by BOA279
well, no idea how much HP it has as it was mostly modded before I bought it. It's been stroked to 6.2 liters (I think thats what the stroke is) has AFR heads, cam, fast manifold, 90mm throttle body, SLP lid, injectors, SLP loudmouth and a couple other things I'm sure. Computer was tuned by thunderracing (where most of the parts came from) and the tranny is a stage 3 raptor from transmissioncenter.net

Performabuilt: What do you think of this level 3 tranny I bought? (have the torque drive upgrade as well)

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm

All this with the 2800 stall...is there a chance of damage simply because the stall is so low? THANKS

Call 888-744-6542