Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Question...

I need help finding good cats for my 2000 Camaro SS M6. I am only seeing a company called Eastern catalytic and one by magnaflow. I'm thinking about getting the magnaflow catback anyways, so I was leaning toward the magnflow cats, but I only see one for left side, none for the right. Is this Eastern company any good, anyone ever heard of it??? I wouldnt run cats except for the fact that you need them for emissions in VA (gay...) Help me out on some good suggestions for hi flow cats guys...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have headers or stock manifolds? Magnaflow high flow cats will work great either way.. You might also want to look into additives that you can put in your fuel to fool and pass emission tests
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Teching In

stock manifolds. Do you know if Magnflow makes a passenger side cat for my car? I can find the driver's side, but not the passenger...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just call them or go talk to someone at your local exhaust shop, most shops can order anything magnaflow or flowmaster these days..
Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of the magnaflows that will fit it. They were on my 02 SS for a few thousand miles before I put my Kooks on.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Do you have the part numbers by chance for them? I was gonna order them new. Are they high-flow? Maybe I could buy them off of you if I dont find them new.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

I bought a set off Ebay for $30 a piece. I think they are cheap due to their ceramic internals? There is a more expensive long lasting one from Magnaflow which costs $199 a piece. I figured by the time they burn out, they will flow even more. Marylandspeed shop (sponsor here) carries them. I got a Hooker CB from them, highly recommend.

Here is the link to Marylandspeed shop:
http://marylandspeed.com/product_inf...roducts_id=630
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

honestly....**** the cats......go long tubes off road y and get 02 sims......all they do for emitions is flash the obd....o2 sims= no code=no service engine light....no code= pass. .......do they actually get under the car for your emissions?.......
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I would ideally like to not run cats at all, but VA does a very complete state inspection on vehicles every year. They not only get under the car, they jack it up on a lift! It's ridiculous! So I can't get away without running cats, at least for the time of the inspection. I have a letter from Chevy saying that on 2000 SS Camaros, they are known to have bad factory cats. If they go bad, I can take the car to chevy and after diagnosing the bad cats, the replacement is free. I might just have them put an OEM on for now, then look at aftermarket high-flows. I'm having trouble finding high-flows for my car that are direct fit for both sides. I would like to get magnaflows, since I'm looking at their 80 series catback anyways. Anybody know of any good high-flow magnaflow cats available for my car???
Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

I can't remember the part #'s. These are magnaflow stainless high flow. I dynoed 360 RWHP through them with oem SS exhaust. I think they were about $190 each new. They have a few thousand miles on them. I'd like to get $200 plus shipping and any fees. I would guess shipping at $30-$40.

Originally Posted by Skilbourn
Do you have the part numbers by chance for them? I was gonna order them new. Are they high-flow? Maybe I could buy them off of you if I dont find them new.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kenp
I can't remember the part #'s. These are magnaflow stainless high flow. I dynoed 360 RWHP through them with oem SS exhaust. I think they were about $190 each new. They have a few thousand miles on them. I'd like to get $200 plus shipping and any fees. I would guess shipping at $30-$40.
ummm......360? you had to have some sort of mods done....????
Old 09-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Launching!

i live in VA too and i don't have ant cats on my car... they never really check my car when i take it to get an inspection sticker... i just take it to one of the local shops in my small town and they never say anything... but, i live across the state from you, so i'm sure it's prob different over here..
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

That's correct.

Originally Posted by o1ls1ssmaro
ummm......360? you had to have some sort of mods done....????