Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true-dual

Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true-dual

hey guys and girls

jus bought a blk ss camaro(M6), im not new to the ls1, brother and sister have been having thers for a long time, but i am new to this site.
just trying to find a good true dual exhaust, i cant seem to find one, i mean i could get custom made but dont feel like dealung with that.

any ideas on a good true dual exhaust system

thanx
Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the texas speed duals. I have them and they are awesome. If you take your time on the install, they tuck up real nice. Im lowered on Strano springs and they dont scrape if your not dumb about it.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Get the texas speed duals. I have them and they are awesome. If you take your time on the install, they tuck up real nice. Im lowered on Strano springs and they dont scrape if your not dumb about it.
+1 i hear good things about them
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Launching!

does it bolt strait up to the stock headers, do you perhaps have a pic of them on ur car
Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No you have to have long tubes for them to work. I dont have a pic of MY car, but i have one of some one elses
Attached Thumbnails true-dual-2205l.jpg  
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

its either custom, tsp true duals that hook up to lt headers, or bassani makes one that bolts up to the stock cats, but it costs around 1k.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you have to have long tubes for them to work. I dont have a pic of MY car, but i have one of some one elses

More pics of that car....
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1>Imports
does it bolt strait up to the stock headers, do you perhaps have a pic of them on ur car
the bassani tru-duals botls directly to 00-02 stock manifolds and cats. have it on both of my cars.

http://www.vincihighperformance.com/...t.html#EXHAUST
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ApexVIII
+1 i hear good things about them
Have you actually heard these? My friend put them on 99 SS. He had longtubes too btw. It sounded like crap. They didn't have any tone, just loud. I was always reading good things about them when I look on here, but when I heard them in person, I was utterly amazed how bad they sounded. If you just want a car that's louder than hell, has absolutely no tone, and don't care about looks, then get them. Otherwise, get a catback, it will sound better, and hey, you'll only lose about 2-3 peak WHP...

You can also consider a cutout. They sound about the same...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
and hey, you'll only lose about 2-3 peak WHP...
borla 3" adjustable catback vs bassani 2.5" tru-duals on stock tune. this was on the wife's car.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you actually heard these? My friend put them on 99 SS. He had longtubes too btw. It sounded like crap. They didn't have any tone, just loud. I was always reading good things about them when I look on here, but when I heard them in person, I was utterly amazed how bad they sounded. If you just want a car that's louder than hell, has absolutely no tone, and don't care about looks, then get them. Otherwise, get a catback, it will sound better, and hey, you'll only lose about 2-3 peak WHP...

HAHAHAHA! the fact that you said that a catback exhaust will sound better than true duals is HILARIOUS. My car sounds sooo much better than my 3 previous catback setups. And zero white trash rasp.

HAHA I think your the first person ive ever heard say a catback sounds better
Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAHAHA! the fact that you said that a catback exhaust will sound better than true duals is HILARIOUS. My car sounds sooo much better than my 3 previous catback setups. And zero white trash rasp.

HAHA I think your the first person ive ever heard say a catback sounds better
You do know the only good or the best sounding true duals are through a catback don't you?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrr23
borla 3" adjustable catback vs bassani 2.5" tru-duals on stock tune. this was on the wife's car.

We are talking about a TSP True dual setup vs TSP o/r ypipe with say magnaflow. Don't bring in Bassani please. If that was the case, I could say that the american racing True Duals sound the best, even though its over $1500 just for the x-pipe and back...
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Launching!

I havnt been sure on the exhaust set-up too. Whats the easiest way to go about , having an X pipe with the exhaust leading all the way to the tips ..any links? i aint really a fan of dumps. Im kinda tired of the magnaflow, but its a nice low sounding catback.. sorry for the hijack
Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RoWDyWS6
I havnt been sure on the exhaust set-up too. Whats the easiest way to go about , having an X pipe with the exhaust leading all the way to the tips ..any links? i aint really a fan of dumps. Im kinda tired of the magnaflow, but its a nice low sounding catback.. sorry for the hijack
Anything like that has to be a custom setup. You will be looking at probably 800+ easily if you have a shop do it.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've actually heard them. I reccomend them to anyone. I dont think i've ever heard to many people say catbacks sound better than true duals either. You must love rasp i'm not saying all catbacks have it but most do with longtubes and ory. I say go TSP TD's you want regret it.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a complete true dual over the alxe exhaust made for under $300 out of cheap CarQuest stainless pipe, chambered Powerstick mufflers, Magnaflow metallic cats, H pipe and Corsa clone tips. fits pretty well, doesn't sound bad (short sound clip below) You just need to find a shop who isn't afraid of trying something challenging. After hearing TD's I will not go back to a y pipe setup for anything!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
I had a complete true dual over the alxe exhaust made for under $300 out of cheap CarQuest stainless pipe, chambered Powerstick mufflers, Magnaflow metallic cats, H pipe and Corsa clone tips. fits pretty well, doesn't sound bad (short sound clip below) You just need to find a shop who isn't afraid of trying something challenging. After hearing TD's I will not go back to a y pipe setup for anything!

Holy crap that sounded GOOD.

Headers?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is Hooker ceramic coated LT's, into Magnaflow metallic cats, H pipe, into 2.5" medium length Powerstick chambered mufflers, and out the back with Corsa clone tips. Sorry for the crappy sound quality in the video, I will try to do another one, since that video makes it sound kinda burbly.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That is the TSP True duals with Dyno max bullets. It screams at WOT

Search this Thread