Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Knows Their Stuff???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who Knows Their Stuff???

okay so i picked up my 98 formula m6 and i have a couple concerns... any help would be apperciated...

1. i have a click when i put light pressure on the brakes and then remove my foot... but heres the weird thing, it will happen once in a while when i clutch (my first thought was the slave but theres no way to explain the brake occurance) and every once in a while while driving, i checked to see if anything was loose and theres not... any ideas??? (its one single click)

2. the more concerning matter.. my third gear is all jacked off... 95% of the time i shift into 3rd, what i thought was the gate will kick the shifter out! i can fell and hear something tap it out. if i do get it into 3rd as soon as give it a little gas it will kick out again!!!! i was hoping somehow cags was responsible but i just disabled the cags last night and im getting the same prob.

i plan to mod the car over the winter (rear end, ls7 clutch, port tb, maybe a ported head mild cam set up, long tubes,) but i would like to identify any suspension tranny damage now
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need a rebuild. Your 3-4 shift fork is probably bent. It is quite common if you check out the manual tranny section. Contact SixSpeedsInc. They are a sponsor here, and definately "know their stuff."
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some guys here that have forgotten more about LSXs than you and I will ever know. Seriously, read some of the **** on the advanced forum
Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

would the 3-4 shift fork affect 4th gear as well because 4th is really smooth.
btw the car has 73k on it
Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

it could be anything in the tranny. just sounds like you need a all around rebuild. Popping out of gear a lot is NEVER a good thing and should be addressed before you throw anymore power at it.