PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be from stock tune with mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could this be from stock tune with mods?

Ok here's the story, I will try to explain what I have noticed of my car.

All mods were done by previous owner, I added nothing. Untuned.

Why is it at idle, sometimes, the car seems to have a random misfire. It's not constant and it doesn't always happen. Say out loud 'dududududu-blub-dudududu-blub-dudu-blub'> Thats how it idles occasionally.

Also, when I take off hard from a stop or 60 punch(where the shift is hard) a huge cloud of dark brownish smoke is left behind me at the shift.

Also, if I am taking off, even if not at WOT, if I pull the RPM's up to 3500 it seems like the engine 'smooths' out acceleration at about 3700rpm. Hard to explain I guess but its like something else it cutting out letting it run smoother after 3700rpm(A/C is off during tests.)

I honestly think my car feels slow, not compared to my old V6 but it seemed like it took me just over 6 seconds to 60 with very very little spin! I thought maybe it was the hevier rims and tires but damn!

Any ideas?! I also have 02 SIMS, should I get real ones? Maybe all new 02's?

Oh when I changed my plugs they were pretty black BTW. And I couldnt get #8 off.

UPDATE: I just realized my AIR tube was barely connected to the spot bye the front passenger spark plug(where you take it off to get to the plugs easy) and tightened that good. But it still runs funny. Could this be from no tune? 02's?

Dan
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still seems like there might be an o2 problem because the plugs are black. See about getting a tune
Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

i had a similar problem it turned out to be a bad wire. i changed wires and replaced all the spark plugs it fixed my problem. But i have an LT1 and that type of problem can be associated with a bad optispark.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

I have a Dyno tune scheduled for Oct 3rd. Late in the year but oh well, I will sleep better.

Think I should get new wires? I'm so sick of how it runs right now. It seems like some days its good and soem days its not, regardless of weather and it just pisses me off.

I just want the damn thing to run good. Hopefully the tune will mke me feel better.

Dan
Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Changed drivers side rear 02 sensor, SES light now stays OFF and random misfire is gone.

Still seems as though the car hesitates once in a while when chugging along at 1500-2000rpm? Hmm.

Car runs smoother now though.

Dan