Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

2001 Camaro SS, borla cat back, slp intake, 4.10 gears... just wondering what i should do next... would like to put a procharger on eventually. But for now what's next? I've heard heads and cam... but what do you guys think?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on your budget, and how much HP you are looking to achieve. you should start with headers, then a cam, then the heads. but if you're thinking procharger, save for that and do it first. i spent as much for the H/C with headers that i would have on the procharger. i would had more power from procharger, at least with the cam i selected. you can get a really big cam with heads and see the same HP as the procharger. you'll also need fuel sytem upgrades. at the least injectors. you've got a long haul and alot of money to spend so think it through first. define what you goals are. after everything i spent it now turns out i will about about $2k in fuel system upgrades, that i thought i had taken care of, but the stuff is insuficiant. good luck
Old 09-22-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck63B
2001 Camaro SS, borla cat back, slp intake, 4.10 gears... just wondering what i should do next... would like to put a procharger on eventually. But for now what's next? I've heard heads and cam... but what do you guys think?
I went with headers, pulley, cam and then headers. Possible clutch if M6.

Bill