LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Plug wire to cylinder 7 behind stock manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plug wire to cylinder 7 behind stock manifold?

I was changing my plugs yesterday. On cylinder 7 (far back driver) side plug, the wire goes behind a downtube on the manifold, in between the manifold and the engine. When I took the old wire out, it was run through some tube with cable wrap. I had to rip the boot off to pull the old wire through. Now my car is misfiring; I inspected my wires and that wire is already pretty cut up and burned through. I thought I had it secured but I guess I was wrong. What can I do to keep that secured and tight? or can i get it through that tube at all?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Launching!

I have mine together with the one next to it with the little clips to hold them together and pulled them away with a zip tie.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

youre talking about that aluminum wire keeper running along the bottom of the block?

you should put the wire through it. thats what its there for. all you need to do is push it through the slit on the top of it, it isnt hard to put it in.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You actually have to remove the shielding to get the wire back through. I just ran mine on the outside, as far as I could from the manifold and zip tied it to a solid part of the body. When my mechanic had to do the heads, he did the same thing.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
You actually have to remove the shielding to get the wire back through. I just ran mine on the outside, as far as I could from the manifold and zip tied it to a solid part of the body. When my mechanic had to do the heads, he did the same thing.
not true, theres a gap that you can push the wire through on the top of the rail.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I just replaced the wire, and ran it through as much as I can through the channel. Ran great after. On the way home, it felt like it started to miss again. I think it ate another wire. I had it pretty damn secure in there. Looks like I'm just gonna have to wrap it with some heat shield
Old 09-22-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have headers and on #7 wire I zsip-tied to to the outside of the engine mount with some slack and I put a stock heat shield metal boot on it.

Quick Reply: Plug wire to cylinder 7 behind stock manifold?