Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hello to you all from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking hello to you all from the UK

Hi from the Uk
My Build project
my name is Stuart and i was pointed towards your great forum by Crafty888
who built the amazing Ultima.
Im building a kit car (2 years in) called a Minotaur, I bought a pile of parts including chassis , body shell and suspension. after that i continued to get shafted, bought a engine chevy that was actually a mopar so sold it on and lost £650 about $1300 so that left a nasty taste, Since i have designed and made everything for my car which has kept the price down and made it my own.
With help from my friends i got a 6 litre steel block Ls engine with heads, I have with the help of www.smcperformance.com managed to get most of the parts i need and have rebuilt the engine , i can no longer use the renault gearbox i bought so have now bought a Porsche G64(G50) gearbox and am looking to put a cable shift on it hence emailing Crafty. any way thats a little about me, hopefully you guys & gals will prove to be of great help , many thanks for reading this Stu
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

WOW, What displacement are you going with? Sweet prodject.. Welcome aboard.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 PM

good to see some US steel in the UK. Rock on dude! Enjoy the v8!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

WELCOME!!

So how much boost are you planning on running (since you procured an iron block)??

Any pics of this project (even if in pieces)??
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM

Hi for the welcome everyone , i did attach a link to my web site but ill do it again its www.minotaurkitcar.co.uk i only got the steel block initially as LS engines are as rare as rockinghorse crap over here, and it only cost me £500 initially ($1000.00) dollars, its a 6 litre version also wich is good , with the help of smc i have rebuilt it ,Originally i was going to use a renault gearbox that i bought at great expense, i cant now as the LS produces too much torque, so last week collected a porsche g50 (g64) gearbox ,that i have now stripped down and it looks good , next job is to test fit it all , design mounts and cable shift , so loads to do any way attached pic's of engine on page 3 of my site, i will update it/ rebuild web site 1 day
cheers stu