Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone else getting screwed but end of the fiscal year?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else getting screwed but end of the fiscal year?

Just curious if anyone else is getting screwed for orders to anywhere due to the end of the fiscal year. I get out of school in less than three weeks and I don't even have a home port yet to ship all my ****. Does this happen often during this time of year?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

Haha, I work in finance/budget...this is the mad rush to "spend the rest of your money" time of year. It shouldnt affect your orders/PCS though. We have a few guys that have moved/getting ready to move and it is no diff than any other time of year.
If you move before end of Sep then it shouldnt be a problem, if you are moving the beginning of Oct it may be a slight problem since spending will be only on mission essential items (I would think your move would fall in this category) due to not having a budget signed by the President and will working under a Continiung Resolution Act.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

PCS's are paid for by the RECEIVEING base not the leaving base if that makes sense.

Your base is already decided when you enlist (well, at least 4 years ahead of time).

You not getting your orders is ALWAYS an issue when you leave school no matter what base/branch you are in. It's your first assignment. I know guys that got stuck at their training location for over 4+ months on "Detail" while waiting on orders. It happens.

I PCS'd from my training base to my 1st permanent station on Oct 1st, so I don't think the fiscal year has antyhing to do with it.

Remember, the military is 3 to 7 years ahead of you! They already KNOW where your going, what time, and what base!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Teching In

is the military going to stop stop-loss on oct 1st?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by getsomz29
Haha, I work in finance/budget...this is the mad rush to "spend the rest of your money" time of year. It shouldnt affect your orders/PCS though. We have a few guys that have moved/getting ready to move and it is no diff than any other time of year.
If you move before end of Sep then it shouldnt be a problem, if you are moving the beginning of Oct it may be a slight problem since spending will be only on mission essential items (I would think your move would fall in this category) due to not having a budget signed by the President and will working under a Continiung Resolution Act.
Yes I am moving the beginning to middle of next month. My grad date is 11 oct. and transfer date is the next day. We are the first class to really have this problem in the almost ten months I hvae been here though. there have been sporadic cases, but nothing like this.

Splitz-To an extent you are right for me. The way it works for me is my class will get a set of orders, and then depending on class rank, you get to choose from there. The only thing I have no control over is which boat I go to. I don't nkow about the other branches, but in the navy it depends on your rate to an extent where you go and when. also depends on wether you are a Submariner or a surface guy. The technical rates usually have a little more leeway to where they go, seeing as they take almost a year to get through school.

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting screwed but end of the fiscal year?