Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Nitrous with turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Nitrous with turbo?

I am sure someone elso has asked this question but I am looking for new input.

I am building a rear mount turbo kit with a 76mm turbo from Forced Induction. I have a Nitrous express wet kit already on the car that the turbo is going to replace. I am curious of the efects of using the nitrous to cool the intake charge instead of methonal. If this is possible and if it can or will cool the intake temps better then methonal. The pros and cons. How much nitrous for this purpose. Were to inject it as my nitrous kit replaces the MAF ends and injects in the rear of the MAF sensor. Would injecting in a different spot work better to cool the air temp? Should I convert it to dry for this porpouse? Again the goal is to is the nitrous to cool the air temp instead of using methonal.

Thanks,
Scott.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO use the nitrous to spray down low and get the turbo spooling, especially if its a track car since you already have it setup. That way you can make up for any lag the rear mount has (if any).
Old 09-22-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have heard of people using it to reduce lag time, but I am not trying to reduce lag time. I am contemplating to utilize my pressent nitrous to lower the intake air temps, the same way methonal will. If it will do the same thing, it would be a shame to get rid of the nitrous and switch to methonal.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone awake yet?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dumb, dumb, dumb, nitrous to cool down IAT's. Meth is injected at a controlled rate depending what psi you are on and can set it for what psi u want it to be at full pressure. Nitrous and Meth are 2 different things. Nitrous = power adder and meth = octane booster/while lowering IAT's
Old 09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could possibly do what the import guys do and use the N20 as the intercooler mist

Quick Reply: Nitrous with turbo?