Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake vs holley intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Z28
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake vs holley intake

i have Z28 98 SLP LM,SLP LT headers,3.42 ported&polished heads,BBK TB & transgo shift kit.. camshaft(soon)..which intake is better 4 me ?
Old 06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: LS6 intake vs holley intake

The Holley intake is a direct mold from the LS6 intake so performance gains will be slim to none over an LS6 intake. Some members had issues with heat soak with the Holley due to the aluminum VS the plastic LS6 unit. I think you would be better served by just getting a LS6 intake. The Ls6 is also cheaper Expect maybe a 5-10hp gain with the intake only swap but you will see a good improvement if you already had a cam. Some member got the Holley and had it port matched to their ported heads but didn't see much gain. Others had issues with the aluminum intake not sealing very well. I think the Holley may be a good choice if you are running a 382 or bigger stroker but the LS6 is a high quality, well engineered intake and will be hard to beat for the cash. Several members even had custom sheat metal intakes made and ended up going back to the LS6.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Z28
Staging Lane

Default Re: LS6 intake vs holley intake

thank u 4 ur replay

Quick Reply: LS6 intake vs holley intake