Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help me PLEASE

Ok guy's I just bought a bone stock 00 trans am I would like to do heads cam combo. I wanted to know what combo to go with. I would like to have a heavy lobe cam, but I would like to have great hp. please help!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the 'gen III internal' section. Start with the stickys at the top and then read the posts every day. You will learn a lot.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Moved thread to Newbie LS1 owners..
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by massls1guy
Go to the 'gen III internal' section. Start with the stickys at the top and then read the posts every day. You will learn a lot.

You need to beware on here. You will a lot of opinions not necessarily based on facts. You will also get vendors trying to sell you theirs stuff because they thinks its best and can prove it with incredible dyno numbers. Look at the results that cars have in the area where you live with the h/c combo that your looking at to get an accurate depiction of what your results will be is about the best advice I can give to keep from getting caught up in the snowstorm that will come your way.

Setting up a budget before you even start looking is also a very important step to this whole process as well. Matching your components is critical as well.
Start with your budget after you have read the stickies, especially the ones that say “ SO you wanna make power”
Then you look at what’s available in your budget range. Used isn’t a bad way to go to save money. Then you narrow it down to which vendor your going to go with. You can have a cam custom spec’ed for you buy PatrickG on here or any of the vendors.. say you decide to go with Patriot due to their incredible customer service and very good pricing. Then I’d have Patriot spec my cam for their heads. Or if you went AFR I’d have AFR~ Tony Mamo, spec your cam for his heads, or one of the other many good vendors on here. See what I’m getting at?

You’ll get a ton of advice from everyone who thinks his or her choice is best. Take you time and weed out the facts from the sensationalism and few off results and you’ll be fine. Remember look at what people in your area have for results with the combo you pick. Air in some parts of the country is better than air in other parts. It produces better dyno results that aren’t always matched around the rest of the country. This is key. The results of the cars in your area will determine your results. If you live at 3000 ft in a Rain Forrest your going to have different results than say someone at sea level in a dry state. Just an example.

best advice I can give based on experience. I'm on my third different h/c combo

When you finaly pick someone pm me and I'll let you know what my experience, if any has been with them. IF you care to know.