Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

98+ Trans Am Body Kits?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98+ Trans Am Body Kits?

Due to a new much better paying job, starting next week my car is going up for the entire season to be built and customized so to speak. Its getting rotors/calipers, shocks/springs, sfc, strut tower brace, wheels/rims, intake, heads, cam, exhaust, and new speakers all around. However before I start on that stuff, Im picking up a ws6 hood for it, and a body kit. Gonna get them all at once for convienience, I have a buddy that does paint so he'll knock it all out for me and i can slap it on.

That leads to the point of my post... Ive been searching around and have only been able to come up with two body kits for f body's. I see the wings west and the JP. They both have their attractive points, but neither are really what im looking for.

Are there any other kits out there im overlooking? Or does anyone have any kit(s) on their car with pics theyd like to share? It would be greatly appreciated!

on a side note, assuming I cant find an oem hood, who has the best ws6 hood? I see them all over ebay but when things such as durability and fitment come into play I dont want to pick up something that is gonna fit like hell or fracture on me.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

besides thoes there isnt much available... there is also the v6 wings west kit and the stock gm w68 body kit for v6s. thoes two are best looking imo.

w68
Old 09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I'd say stick with stock T/A kit and call it a day. Nothing better than OEM parts, my car is low enough without ground effects; I'd be scared I would tear all that off if I had a T/A or something. Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for and good luck on the build!! Our cars make a whole lot of difference with a nice drop and wheels, I'd start there.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Teching In

yea i will definately have to see how it lo0oks with bigger wheels and a small drop first. More than likely ill be trying a body kit though, wanna make it stand out a bit. That v6 kit.. will it fit on a TA? Its a bit more subtle which is what im going for. on the TA kit its just a bit to "edgey" and "sharp" if that makes sense. the side panels especially.

thanks for the replies!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:33 PM

heres a pic of my w68 kit. idk how it would fit on a t/a tho.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VFN does a full body fiberglass shell that weighs like....well its damn light. If you can count that as a body kit. Dunno most gear heads love this car cause well, it just dosen't need a body kit to look bad ***.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Teching In

legend that car is pretty damn sick =) Seeing those pics makes me damn eager to get working on mine. White is a hot color anyhow imo, only reason I picked up a black car was due to the deal I got on it at the time.

Shameless bump!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98+ Trans Am Body Kits?