Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What auburn differential should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What auburn differential should I get?

What is the difference between the high performance and the pro version? This will go in a daily driver that currently has the mods in my sig. I will ultimately be closer to 400hp when I do a mild cam. The car will only occasionally see the dragstrip or an autocross. Here's the link:

http://www.ls1speed.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000215

Also what fluid do you reccomend with the auburn units?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me, I would got with the Pro, or even the "racer's diff". These are MUCH better for even limited autocross action than the standard Auburn.

Regardless of those that claim they've had no problems running synthetic in an Auburn, I would ONLY run a very good mineral based gear oil, like Torco RGO, or Schaeffers (weight depends on outside temps during use, but in most of Tejas I would run an 85W-140, or straight 140) with the friction modifier added by yourself (4 ounces to start).

IF you use synthetic, and have a problem, and then send the diff back to Auburn under their "DREX" warranty program, they WILL deny the warranty!
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Auburn advised they want 80W90 non-synthetic fluid with their friction modifier added in order to honor warranty. When changing fluids, I inferred the GM additive would suffice. They also advised that they will advance ship a replacement so long as they have a credit card, and the charge for the replacement unit is $220.