Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP TCI 4l80 Converter, TCI Flexplate, ARP bolts hit

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP TCI 4l80 Converter, TCI Flexplate, ARP bolts hit

I ran into a problem last night when i was putting in my converter.

I have a TCI 4l80 Converter and the TCI Flexplate. I read that when you run a TCI Flexplate, you no longer need the crank spacer.

When i put the converter in the trans it felt like it went in where it should. All was good there. I got the trans pulled up to the engine, and there was about 1/4 inch of space between the converter and the flexplate... all normal. I pulled the converter toward the flexplate, put in the first bolt (arp converter bolts). I got it in and started rotating around to get to the next bolt. The first bolt i put in hit one of the rear cover bolts on the engine. I looked up and the head of the converter bolt was stickup up about 1/16 too far to clear the rear cover bolts. I ended up taking the converter bolts out and took them to the belt sander. I took about 3/32 off the top of them. I put them back in and no issues.. they clear no problem now. I looked up at the snout of the converter... you can see about an inch of it... is that too much? Do i possibly still need to run a spacer, and maybe i didn't have the converter in far enough before? Everything clears now, but im just afraid its not right and i dont wana make an expensive mistake and run it that way if so.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for the evening crowd.

Would really appreciate some opinions on this... i dont want to go any further untill i know its right.