View Full Version : Bears!!

LASTLS1
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Got to love that Rex! WHY can't we get just one quarterback that is worth something. We are wasting our time with this guy. If Lovey wants to protect him ship him out too! That guy SUCKS! It's going to be a long year.

Camario
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I dont even want to remember last nights game... I just kept drinking hoping i wouldnt remember it. The worst part is that the Vikings and Packers are going to be decent this year... Dam WRECKS GROSSMAN!!!! but then again Greasy isn't our savior either!

Pro Stock John
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I think Lovie is being stubborn about Rex, but honestly they should take him out.

CNTLSE 1
09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Just to play devils advocate he did have some good passes in the beginning of the game that were dropped and probably would have been td's

LASTLS1
09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Just to play devils advocate he did have some good passes in the beginning of the game that were dropped and probably would have been td's

I agree about the pass being dropped, not his fault. I'm pissed about him keying in on ONE receiver from the time the ball is snapped, then he throws into a crowd of Dallas Jerseys. These are football 101 issues, do you really think he's going to learn how to play ball at this age? :mad:

Ricks99ls1
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
i tottally agree with wrecks lack of confidence issue, however, is he really all to blame, i mean 3 int's isn tgoing to win anyone a game, and id be the first to jump on the bandwagon if we had lets say Donovan Mcnabb as a potential replacement, however, we have Orton and Griese, not exactly a dynamic duo, last night if Berrian makes the catch on the double move, the entire game changes. As a matter of fact i think they dropped more than there share last night, the O-line did a pretty good job id say compared to their showing against the Chiefs. I am in no way defending Grossman, as he has made MORE than his share of mistakes, im just saying there are others to blame, and shipping him out isnt going to bring our offense back to life. On another note, how about Hester... i think he fumbled twice last night, caused us shitty field position, Benson fumbled after Dallas went up 17-10 an and that pretty much took any chance we had of getting back in it, I feel bad for the defense, they need to speak up to the offense, i mean they can only do so much. Well theres my novel

Pro Stock John
09-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Romo and Grossman both went pro in 2003, I think that Grossman does not have a lot more upside from where he is now. He's average at best, and honestly I think that he will get benched pretty soon.

ibanez7
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I said it all last year and I continue to say it this year

Wrecks Grossman is a terrible dopey quaterback.

Anyone can throw enough passes to get lucky and have 33% completion.

Grossman is terrible at scanning, passing, avoiding the rush, dodge sacks, misleading the defense.

Madden called it perfectly twice on grossman.

rex needs a perfect protection to function,
rex leads the defenders on where he is throwing because he looks only one way. defenders have no problem reading rex.

all through out last and this year I have not believed in rex and I will not. He lacks the instinct, drive and skill to be a quarterback and team leader. Because of this, the teams spirit is falling apart and that is sad when you have a superbowl team with one weak link.

I honestly feel that 2 of the 3 injured bears, faked it to get off the field. honestly why should the defense try and or cause turnovers when the quarterback can not capitalize on the defensive performance.

LASTLS1
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I said it all last year and I continue to say it this year

Wrecks Grossman is a terrible dopey quaterback.

Anyone can throw enough passes to get lucky and have 33% completion.

Grossman is terrible at scanning, passing, avoiding the rush, dodge sacks, misleading the defense.

Madden called it perfectly twice on grossman.

rex needs a perfect protection to function,
rex leads the defenders on where he is throwing because he looks only one way. defenders have no problem reading rex.

all through out last and this year I have not believed in rex and I will not. He lacks the instinct, drive and skill to be a quarterback and team leader. Because of this, the teams spirit is falling apart and that is sad when you have a superbowl team with one weak link.

I honestly feel that 2 of the 3 injured bears, faked it to get off the field. honestly why should the defense try and or cause turnovers when the quarterback can not capitalize on the defensive performance.

Perfectly said!! That sums it up! PEROID!

transamfreak01
09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
yeah i forget if it was 25 or 27 or something but last year he was almost tied i think with the most turn overs.... i think that they should go and put griese in... hopefully though after his contract is up this year they do not sign him again b/c i think they will go even more into the shit hole b/c no1 is going to want to play for them with his dumb ass. the only thing that keeps the bears in the games is the defense but they cant do it all year. oh and they also have to work on their pass game b/c T/O ran a slant like 5 times on them and was beating that ass. but yeah grossman sucks

ibanez7
09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Perfectly said!! That sums it up! PEROID!

Thank you!!!

waldo
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
who cares about the Bears?! GO PACKERS!!!!!

Camario
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
who cares about the Bears?! GO PACKERS!!!!!

Make your own Butt Packer thread... and hope that Favre doesn't die this year!

John02Hawk
09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
It only makes things worse that the bears lost 4 pro bowl players to injuries last night.. Although, I don't know if anything serious happened to any of them.. Lovie is a 1st class guy, he won't comment on any of that stuff really becausy he doesn't want to stir the pot.. I'm sure that the bears owner must probably be behind grossman as well..

John02Hawk
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
..Another thing.. Does anyone else ever get the feeling that grossman almost acts like he doesn't care when he stands around on the sideline? I mean, the least he can do is put his hands on his head or throw his helmet every once in a while.. He just hides in a corner when he's not on the field, shouldn't he be talking to his coaches or at least his receivers? He is also one of the first ones to run to the locker room after games, is he scared of the media too?

Taubr Unit
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I was still giving rex a chance this year hoping that all summer he got hisshit toghter.... guess not. Whewn defenders run to sack him he just falls over, doesnt scramble AT ALL!! Id like to see Micheal Vick with us, lol. But thats never gonna happen. So basically were screwed this year and more to come since nobody's gonna wanna play for us. But Urlacher had a nasty sack, that was loose!

Camario
09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
^^^ ditto. Especially when you watch him compared to how well Romo evaded the pass rush!

F*n Wrecks got sacked twice by fat guys laying on the ground.

thislswon
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
besides the fact that they got rex grossman under center they also got rid of a great runningback in thomas jones.....and also tony romo picked that defense apart and really showed some weakness in their D

Pro Stock John
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I told folks at lunch that it would be a blessing in disguise for all if Rex got injured and missed 3-4 games. Lots of fans think that Griese or Orton wouldn't be worse and we could see. Rex does not evade/scramble for sh%%, and he consistently overthrows.

waldo
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Make your own Butt Packer thread... and hope that Favre doesn't die this year!

Chill man, we all have our faults………. At least you have good taste in automobiles.

ss1129
09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I say can fucking Ron Turner. His ability to do nothing with both the rushing and passing game says one thing.....ITS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR GENERIC FUCKING OUTDATED PLAYS AND QUIT RUNNING THE FUCKING BALL RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE EVERY TIME. Did you notice on the one or two sweeps we did, that we actually got some yards. Fire him today. If Rex doesnt improve in 2 weeks replace him.

Camario
09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
hahahaha. I was kiddn... I'm just bitter because I don't think the bears can beat the packers :(

Pro Stock John
09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
How about that crazy fake, what they were thinking?

And right up the middle sucks when they do it so much. Some folks say Rex is on a short leash, would you guys agree?

Ricks99ls1
09-24-2007, 05:32 PM
We hav ebeen hearing Rex is on a short leash for the last 2-3 years until he got injured was the only time he was replaced, let his contract run up, and go spend some money next year on donovan mcnabb, who is a chicago native anyways, and can get the job done

TrammelZ28
09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
i agree with ss1129, they need to can turner first and see if rex can adjust to a new offense

V8bamf
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I hope we dont squander our amazing D by letting rex throw 3 pics a game and making our D be on the field for the whole game

Kanes2413
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
turner is horrible grossman isnt that bad when the plays that are being called suck to begin with and the defense has a good game plan on it makes it harder not to mention 3 of his INT's have come becuase the dumbass reciever half-asses the route and its EVEN harder when the running game sucks and they put in the floor every so often. Theres a reason rex is still startingi cant imagine griese doing anything and i wonder if anyone remebers how orton was he was being booed until they put rex in his place every acts like we have john elway or joe montana sitting on the sidelines.
BTW its not like the cowboys/chargers are slouches(sp) on D

Schultzp85
09-25-2007, 01:29 AM
turner is horrible grossman isnt that bad when the plays that are being called suck to begin with and the defense has a good game plan on it makes it harder not to mention 3 of his INT's have come becuase the dumbass reciever half-asses the route and its EVEN harder when the running game sucks and they put in the floor every so often. Theres a reason rex is still startingi cant imagine griese doing anything and i wonder if anyone remebers how orton was he was being booed until they put rex in his place every acts like we have john elway or joe montana sitting on the sidelines.
BTW its not like the cowboys/chargers are slouches(sp) on D

well said, i support rex
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v112/16/75/194400315/n194400315_30418222_8194.jpg

John02Hawk
09-25-2007, 07:40 AM
:jest: where did you find that?

Pro Stock John
09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I was still giving rex a chance this year hoping that all summer he got hisshit toghter.... guess not. When defenders run to sack him he just falls over, doesnt scramble AT ALL!!

Exactly! And this is not Ron Turner's fault, this is a key weakness of Grossman, he doesn't scramble and when he does he always goes back.

ibanez7
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Exactly! And this is not Ron Turner's fault, this is a key weakness of Grossman, he doesn't scramble and when he does he always goes back.

exactly, an avoidable sack or a 5 yard sack for a good quarterback turns into a 15yard loss and sack on grossman.

Secondly they should test Wrecks Games Grossman peripheral vision. Again he always looks in one direction once the ball is hiked, leading the defense to where he is passing, while at the same time he is not able to see the rush.

Grossman has 5yrs pro and hes a Freshman college quarterback at most and even then he is still second string.

Ron Turner is not to blame. The bears have a good coaching staff with a couple of players then can not execute consistently. Grossman being the number one failure. Throughout NFL, the quarterback is the leader of the team and definitely the offense. Even if grossman was a great player, he leadership skills blow. Nobody is excited or jacked up to play football with him, except the opposing defense.

Where as you ask players on other teams like the Packers or Patriots, and they will state, they are honored/excited to being playing with farve or brady. That is what the bears need.

Ricks99ls1
09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
we may be saved, come wednesday we will see what Lovie has up his sleeve, as far as who is going to start Sunday against the Lions

LASTLS1
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
i agree with ss1129, they need to can turner first and see if rex can adjust to a new offense

I agree running up the middle every play bacause your CAN'T THROW THE BALL gets old. So does the slant play for a 2 yard loss!! He can't make decisions, he's NOT a leader. I'm not being a jerk, I feel bad for him!! He's just not a NFL quarterback.

Ricks99ls1
09-25-2007, 02:25 PM
i dont really get the offense, we have an awesome duo with d-clark and greg olsen, its like what the colts do with dallas clark, in my opinion desmond clark and greg olsen are better.To open the offense up they should run shotgun 4-5 wide recievers, i mean the line is proven, maybe try this strategy with griese

Kanes2413
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
the line is proven? they given up a ton of sacks and it doesnt help when both running backs pass block like children

Ricks99ls1
09-25-2007, 05:19 PM
yes they are proven, Brown, kreutz, and tait are pro bowlers, judging by 3 games isnt how you do it plus with shotgun its quicker reads and faster throws, and if the tackles get beat it still creates a narrow pocket to step up into, shotgun takes away the 5 step drop on certain passes, it would work in my opinion

Ricks99ls1
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
not to mention, if your running 4-5 wide sets, it takes away how much blitzing can be done, defense blitzes someone is going to be open, which is where a qb who can read a defense is key, Griese has done that in the past, look when he was with tampa, all be it awhile ago he picked defenses apart

ibanez7
09-25-2007, 11:39 PM
WOOHOO...... reports name Griese to start sunday vs the lions....

Ricks99ls1
09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
I am not going to name this a victory, lets see what happens Sunday, i think this is a step in the right direction however.

Bad Blue WS6
09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Finally,,i may start watching again.

2000BlackM6
09-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Greise Is In!!!!!!!!!

John02Hawk
09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I just read that the bears fell 12 spots in the fox sports power rankings, they were 4th best in the nfl, now they are 16th! :(

Pro Stock John
09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I heard there was something in the Redeye about Griese starting, good news.

Camario
09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
They should sign the guy booted from jacksonville Byron Leftwich... kind of immobile, injury-prone, BUT he has a CANON!!!

John02Hawk
09-26-2007, 08:25 PM
http://i23.tinypic.com/10ee8ld.jpg

:gruffy:

:nod:

Kanes2413
09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
leftwich got signed by atlanta atleast this means were taking a qb for next years first round pick unless griese turns into brady

LASTLS1
09-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm glad Rex is out but I don't feel great about Griese. I have no idea why the Bears refuse to sign a real QB! I feel it's all about $ and .02.

tuff
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I like the beers!!! :chug:

ss1129
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I dont know if any of you are hockey fans, but Bill Wertz died too! Great news for Blackhawk fans, bad news for Bill Wertz.

ibanez7
09-26-2007, 11:20 PM
in regards to the quarterback situation with the bears..

yes Griese is the fix for this year. However he is just a band aid. the bears still need a long term young quarterback.

Here are my two option: No matter what let Grossman go at the end of his contract which this is his last year.

A - change to a shot gun offense and spend time training kyle orton. he did fairly well before, he did great in college, he is tall and has good mechanics.

B - after serving his potential jail term and public service, sign Michael Vick. he is great for the bears rushing games (since he can rush himself) he is unpredictable and mostly he can play football and throw. Also he will be cheap to hire, since he will be broke and out of a job. LOL

Schultzp85
09-27-2007, 12:33 AM
I am huge bears fan and i think all of you who compare Grossman to other teams is Not fair, Grossman Doesn't have great Wide Out like the "great" QB's do... Rex Will be a good NFL QB but not in this system that they are running here little short passes not like last year they where going for the big hits with Berrian. They have not even been tried at all this year. You blame rex? I blame O line ( not CB has not even got any wholes to run through ) and wide out for droping some BBBIIIIIGGGGGGG balls... I mean Rex has a great arm let him throw the deep ball ... tell him to win you the game, IE playoffs last year Seahawks and Saints, rex played great .. cuz they let him go out there and let it fly... I hope rex becomes great and you all who NEVER GIVE A QB TO DEVELOP IN THIS CITY see that they where wrong and ill have a good night sleep

I will still root for the bears they are my team, but all you bears fans who just showed up these past few years , can go suck a dead mans dick .... I only hope that Griese does bad to prove to you who think he is SOOOO much better then Rex wrong....

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v112/16/75/194400315/n194400315_30418222_8194.jpg

Kanes2413
09-27-2007, 12:54 AM
its because ron turners offense suck how does a guy turn a college program thats rich in home talent not to mention a big time school runs it into the ground and gets a O-cordinator for a SB contending team? not to mention bensen sucks i judt cant defend him anymore he tip toes at the line. doesnt hit the hole hard enough to make someone miss and puts the ball on the ground WAY to much and cant passblock worth a damn. I still see the team in the nfc championship but there will be some changed next year for sure

JakeY2KZ
09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Ron Turner is the plague for this whole offense. Terrible play calling is all that I have seen this year.

I think Griese coming in will help boost the confidence and attitude of the offense and we'll see an improvement. But until they start upgrading the OL, I see an 8-8 season this year just missing the playoffs. :(

Pro Stock John
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Woohoo Rex is out!!!! We need the change, he had his chance.