Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a different pcv ?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a different pcv ?

ive been skimming through some posts on the subject and it seems the general consensus is to either run open breathers or a catch can. i was looking at the car today and cant help but notice what a terrible plumbing job gm did. all the lines pretty much run horizontal of the sides of shallow valve covers. now granted i havent rip my valve covers off to see what type of baffling gm did, but with such short covers and the way we, i meen i like to rev this this thing its got to be like a f6 oil storm in there.
to the heart of my ?, is there any aftermarket covers with improved baffling to help reduce the draw of oil vapor? is there any benefit of welding or tapping a bung on the top of the cover and routing the hose vertical a couple inches prior to heading to the intake?

my plan right now is to use some fiber mesh in the filler tube and tap a fitting in the oil cap(with some form of rigged baffle). run this fitting to the pcv and then to the intake.
ill then put a breather on the passenger side valve cover as the fresh air in.

like i said, i havent seen the inside of the stocker valve cover so i dont no the design but whats the worst that can happen?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would also like to know!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many have coverted to the LS6 system style of PCV and Valley cover. Which has been a better design then the older LS1 PCV Ssytem. This would be one upgrade that would help.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going LS6 conversion as soon as I find a valley cover that is not 100$!

Search this Thread