Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed LS7 & Fidanza flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed LS7 & Fidanza flywheel

Me and my friend just installed my LS7 clutch and Fidanza flywheel over the weekend. Also dropped in a new slave and pilot bearing while we were at it along with some ARP flywheel and pressure plate bolts. So here's the low down: clutch engages right off the floor (like I was told it would for a few hundred miles), but no big deal, still breaking it in anyways. Grabs much, much harder than the stock clutch ever did. The lighter flywheel only made a slight difference in how fast it revs and drops off. Not a big difference here, but its noticeable; which is fine because the reason for the lighter flywheel was just to offset the increased weight of the LS7. So far, I'm really happy with this setup.

Last edited by JBIRD02; 09-25-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be doing the same setup in the next month or so. Glad to see you like it.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JonB
I will be doing the same setup in the next month or so. Glad to see you like it.
Well, so far so good. Still waiting for it to break in so I can really test it out. You should be happy with it though.
btw, I think I've seen your car around. I live in O.P. too.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Where did you buy it from ?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get the Fidanza off ebay?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Have you noticed any increased noise with the fidanza flywheel? Mine seems to make some extra noise when downshifting while decelerating to a stop. Nothing major, just sounds like a stethoscope into the tranny
Old 09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColdOnes
Where did you buy it from ?
got the clutch, slave, pilot bearing and flywheel tool from Scoggin Dickey
Originally Posted by TheLS1Kid
Did you get the Fidanza off ebay?
yep, got it from a non-sponsor
Originally Posted by hazard2k
Have you noticed any increased noise with the fidanza flywheel? Mine seems to make some extra noise when downshifting while decelerating to a stop. Nothing major, just sounds like a stethoscope into the tranny
nope, no extra noise so far.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Launching!

Default i'm doing the fidanza flywheel with the spec stage 2 setup. plus i swapped out my trans fluid to gm syncromesh and for the short time i drove it before i lost pedal shifting gears felt like butter. anyone else do the fluid swap?

sorry. i put the message in the title lol
Old 09-27-2007, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about the lightened flywheel, but opted to just get the heavier LS2 flywheel. Let us know how it shifts at high RPM's with the lighter flywheel. I know the heavier LS2 one works great for me. The extra weight doesn't let the flywheel slow down as much when you push the clutch in at high RPM's. It shifts smoother now @6300 than it ever did with the stock stuff.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I thought about the lightened flywheel, but opted to just get the heavier LS2 flywheel. Let us know how it shifts at high RPM's with the lighter flywheel. I know the heavier LS2 one works great for me. The extra weight doesn't let the flywheel slow down as much when you push the clutch in at high RPM's. It shifts smoother now @6300 than it ever did with the stock stuff.
Yeah, I'll definately post an update as soon as it gets broken in. The pedal is just now starting to come up a little after about 150mi.
Yeah, I just went with the lighter flywheel cause I wanted to keep it close to stock, and not add weight. It does turn up a little quicker in the lower rpm range though, which helps driving in everyday traffic. The rpm's dont fall off as fast as I thought they would. I guess cause its only 5lbs lighter, so its not that big of a difference. I'll keep you updated.

Quick Reply: Installed LS7 & Fidanza flywheel