Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Headers not rubbing anymore!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QTP Headers not rubbing anymore!!

After a year of asking several people for advise and help, I just got in there and did the best I could. My header didnt just rub the k-member, it was up against it with some pressure. The first attemped was loosening the bolts and pushing up on it and then tightning it back. That didn't even phase it. The second attemped was to do the same thing but I was using a lift. Didn't work either. This time, I pulled the header out and ground the K-member on the Two spots its was touching. Painted over the grounded area and the very carefully flattened that primary by about a 1/4 inch or so. I have almost a 1/2 inch clearance now . I really hated to beat on 800 dollar headers too, but I needed more clearance. Time to put the rest of the new Dual Dual cat-back on tomarrow. I think I have finally have my exhaust the way I want it.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Man, cool you have build #1!

Originally Posted by Build #1
I really hated to beat on 800 dollar headers too, but I needed more clearance.
I bet!

Do you like your dual cut outs? Mine sound badder than anything on the planet, but it feels doggy as hell with them open at all. With them open all the way, I get a lot of loud backfires or pops or whatever. Got a lot better with new O2's, but still... Sometimes when I let the car come down from high RPM, it blasts so loud right at the end (like 2000 RPM0 that it sounds like i hit a bolder underneath my car.

Anyway, nice car!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, I got lucky, bought it before I even knew.

You must have read wrong. I do not run the dual cut-outs because of that reason. I would cap those off, and run one in the I-pipe and sell the other one.