Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new exhaust setup

ok, my wife wants her car to sound loud and was wondering what would be the best way to do that without getting headers for her v6. would a dynomax bullet like i have work well or would it not make a big diff. and she wants to keep her cats also dont ask me why though. just tell me what yall think
Old 06-04-2003, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: new exhaust setup

You can make a 6 loud. A bullet installed after removing the stock muffler will do it.
Some folks like the sound... personally I don't like a loud 6, but I am an old school V8 guy myself.
I heard a 3.8 in a mini van the other day... single exhaust with a bullet for a muffler, couldn't tell you if it had cats or not, but it sounded okay I suppose. Definately throaty.
Good luck
Dave
Old 06-04-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

I heard a V6 firebird with the loudmouth and at idle, it sounded kind of deep. At WOT, it sounded like a ricer
You could also try a cutout, don't know how it would sound, but it's an option.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

what is a ricer?
Old 06-05-2003, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A 'ricer' is any foreign car ( Toyaota, Nissan, Honda ) that is hopped up. Typically denoted by the coffee can type exhaust system you can see from a mile away, and sounds like A$$.

Based on that fact we Americans assume all Asian's eat rice; so we call their cars 'ricers'.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea but there is no way that a v6 can sound like that...well i am sure there is...not if you fix up a v6 right...
Old 06-07-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

A 'ricer' is any foreign car ( Toyaota, Nissan, Honda ) that is hopped up. Typically denoted by the coffee can type exhaust system you can see from a mile away, and sounds like A$$.

Based on that fact we Americans assume all Asian's eat rice; so we call their cars 'ricers'.
Years ago we had the term rice burning or rice burner. I thought 'ricer' was a shortened derivitive of one of these phrases. Orginally, we made fun of Asian automobiles because early on they were cheap and had small 4-cylinder engies. We use to say they ran on rice wine or rice Alcohol (Ethyl) which can be made from rice. Of course this fuel would not be suitable for our larger, more powerful, American made V8s. I think the term ricer has more to do with this than eating rice. But I could be wrong.