General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES after plug/wire change

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SES after plug/wire change

I just changed my plugs and wires and now my ses light is on. What can the problem be? I checked to see if the wires are on tight and they are fine. The car runs normal but the light is on. One of the wires came loose and the light came on but i have since fixed that wire. Whats going on?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you had a loose wire, the code would be a misfire from that particular cylinder. I had a wire fall off at random and threw a code as well. You'll either need to clear the code with a scanner or just disconnect the negative cable on the battery for about 5 minutes. Once you reconnect, the pcm will relearn upon startup, so the idle will drop really low and then kick back up for a few minutes.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrEddie
If you had a loose wire, the code would be a misfire from that particular cylinder. I had a wire fall off at random and threw a code as well. You'll either need to clear the code with a scanner or just disconnect the negative cable on the battery for about 5 minutes. Once you reconnect, the pcm will relearn upon startup, so the idle will drop really low and then kick back up for a few minutes.
Thanks for the reply. a drove the car a few hours after i made the thread and the light turned off.