Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch and tuning on dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch and tuning on dyno?

not sure if I should ask this here or in the tuning section. I am putting a vortech v-9 kit on my 01 ss. I am also installing a spec 3+ at the same time. I knew about the break-in time on the clutch before hand. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can get it tuned with a brand new clutch in it.

Any advice? Am I screwed?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

It won't matter. The main thing you don't want to do with a new clutch is put too much heat into it too soon. Aggressive launches and slipping the clutch builds heat, you won't be doing either of these on a chassis dyno.

Re'
Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Remember, break-in is doing more than just heat treating the disc material (though this is certainly important). Break-in mileage also allows the material to seat and before the initial mileage is put on the kit the disc will not make full contact. This means that capacity will not be at its peak until the break-in mileage is completed. That being said, if the car is going to make power that is near the maximum capacity of the clutch then you need to give it some miles before putting the car on the dyno. I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Teching In

thanks for the input guys.

I will probably use the tuner that comes with the kit then after I put the proper miles on the clutch take it to the dyno

Quick Reply: new clutch and tuning on dyno?