Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Belt driven scavanging pump system

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt driven scavanging pump system

Hey guys,Me and a buddy have desighned a belt driven scavaging oil return system for the incon Twin turbo system and will also work with the APS too we actually desighned a pracket with an ideal pully that mounts on the drivers side head and went threw all the belt configurations that there were,and had a pully made at our local machine shop so as the revolutions per minute at ideal was suffishiont for the nascar rear end type 2 stagepump to work Also we bought a cartech adjustable tensioner this system is bad as **** both turbos drain into a specially desighned catch can that bolts up under the bell housing,2 hoses in and 2 out up to the 2 stage pump,trew a oil cooler then back into the oil pan or where ever you like ,Will have pictures soon,We just never trusted the elecrtice type pump that came with these typ turbo systems, let me know what you guys think !Were actually thinking of mass producing theseLet me know if anyones intrested,We already have one of these systems on an incon TT 98 SS with a 408and stage 3 turbos thats been on the car for 6 months know with NO problems what so ever
Old 09-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Launching!

sounds great a mass produced one would be a great alternative to whats out ther
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

What would the price of this? Do you have any pics?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pm me details. something I might be interested in... if the price were right.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

lets see some pics please-

sounds good
Old 09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what type of pump are you using to pull enough vacuum to get the oil from the bell housing up to the front of the engine?

why not mount it lower and increase the efficiency and the potential for failure, no disrespect but 6mon isnt nearly enough on one unit to warrant public sale.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think Cablebandit already had a setup like this awhile back on his old Incon system.

Made it similar to how yours was.....mounted up high on the head.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like this?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well the location is good, except for it being a 4 stage dry sump pump.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default pump

This pump is actually used on the nascar near end to circulate threw a cooller, ists about the size of my fist,Its a 2 stage dry sump pump . Im gonna get pics here mybe today guys,but i defenitly can tell you now,this pump alone is about a $1000,now thats buying just one!i gotta see what type package deal we can make with the company if mass producing, but this set up right now should work on the c5 vett also. Were just feeling the waters right now to see if theres really a market for this. My partner actually has had these on his SS now for over 6 months and i liked it so much that i reversed enginered it LOL!! sounds like a ROSWELL story HuH? LOL but for real guys, thats way i never bought a sts kit!I just never liked the idea of an electric pump,espeasilly since i take my ride on long distances in the summer like daytonna ,ocean city and **** like that, thinking about the tow back because of a ******* pumpgoing bad! with this set up the worse case sinareo keep an extra rib belt in the trunk!you know! alright guys sorry my spelling sucks LOL!!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I know the pump you are talking about, thats not a half assed pump, it will live for a long time. Just making sure you weren't talking about some ghetto rigged setup like the meth injection kit that was being sold a few weeks ago.

Why not try to setup a kit with either a tilton or weldon pump, something rated to move oil that has proven itself.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
I think Cablebandit already had a setup like this awhile back on his old Incon system.

Made it similar to how yours was.....mounted up high on the head.
That was onfire's car that had that with his incon setup and as far as I know he had no problems at all with it.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a evac setup that I have that goes off the passenger side head. I am not sure whats the difference from a evac or a scav pump.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default pump

My bad guys my parters here know,and he said hes had this system on his ride since 2002,ive been working on mine for 6 months ,hes actually done some changes over the last 6 months to perfect his, like going to a specially desighned 1 piece catch can-resovor instead of the 2 cans that hangs way to low for the street, pluse using the one can eliminates the problem of sucking air, if one cans empty and the others isnt so as to prevent hose collapse which has never happened, but since thinking of producing this, thats one of the changes weve made this last 6 months to perfect this kit! Now as of the 2 stage pump were using the johnson.400MICK HTP 2 stage pump which is the shittry and have pictures for you guys tonight ED BARNAT -
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default pump

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
There is a evac setup that I have that goes off the passenger side head. I am not sure whats the difference from a evac or a scav pump.
A evac sucks or releves crank case pressure, our scavanging pump kit sucks oil from the turbos which sit lower then the oil pan so gravity return is not an option,as of today,electric pumps are all thats avalible and are highly un reliable
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Coal Mining Director

Yep, been running it for 3 years without a problem.

Originally Posted by kp
That was onfire's car that had that with his incon setup and as far as I know he had no problems at all with it.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by barnat
A evac sucks or releves crank case pressure, our scavanging pump kit sucks oil from the turbos which sit lower then the oil pan so gravity return is not an option,as of today,electric pumps are all thats avalible and are highly un reliable
DOHC Mustang smog pumps work the same way as my setup. Evac and scav seem to be one in the same. Atleast to me.

Here is the setup I have.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

that is a vacuum pump, if you start sucking enough oil through that thing to make you think it is scavenging oil you have serious mechanical issues.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Schwanke racing engines makes a pump setup they use for a semi dry sump setup they use on there circle track LS1 engines. It's either a single or double stage pump (can't remember) with the brackets and pulleys to mount it where the AC compressor goes. Uses the same belt as pulley style at the AC compressor They use it to pump the oil out of the motor in the there dry sump tank, but still use the stock style oil pump in the motor to oil the motor. They don't have it show on there web site, but I've seen it on my buddy's late-model.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

aviaid makes a 2 stage pump (both scavenging) that mounts on the head and runs of the stock serpentine setup thats can always be an option too.

Quick Reply: Belt driven scavanging pump system