Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Spohn Driveshaft and u-joint

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Spohn Driveshaft and u-joint

So Ive been doing some swaping on the camaro and finally needed a Spohn driveshaft I have had for a while. Well it fell over in my building and smacked me in the head so I tossed it across the yard. Now that I need it the end caps are gone. Has anybody had to replace a u-joint in a Spohn driveshaft. I got a stock joint and it seems to be different since the end caps wont fit in the end cap holes. Its a Spicer joint too.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have the 1350 larger U-Joint.
You need the 1310 U-joint.

If you're running the stock Yoke and rear end the 1350 is too big.

I installed a Spohn drive shaft a few weeks ago.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Well here is wjat I had to do. I had a stock u-joint, the u-joint that Spohn said I needed and the caos from the stock driveshaft. Im guessing the driveshaft isnt a Spohn because it has the 1350 joimts in the yoke but the rear joint caps are smaller than my stock joint caps So I ended up using the caps from my stock joint and the rubber seals from another joint. The joint that I got from Spohn which I was told would be a Spicer joint isnt but it came with thinner c-clips to put on the cap. It worked and I hope I dont have to replace it anytime soon!