Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

graphite powder lubercation on gears

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default graphite powder lubercation on gears

hi guys well today i went into the hardware store (Ace) and i was in the auto section and i happened to notice this lubercint that said very fine graphite powder it was in a bottle and said it can be used as lubercation for many purposes. now somebody told me b4 that you can use graphite powder between any type of gears only resulting in better lubercation and they say graphite fills in chips on gears. i was thinking i this would be ok to use in my diff? my car has the zexal torson, and still on the factory 3.42 thinking of 3.75 soon but will this help the rear end? has anybody ever used it or heard of it? thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. There are a lot of tests done when any lubricant is developed. That graphite powder has been around for a long time, it would already have been done if it would help anything.

If anything you'd add it to the gear oil, I can tell you for sure it would do nothing but blow around if you put it in there without oil.

Quick Reply: graphite powder lubercation on gears