Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do Twin Disc Clutches Last Longer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do Twin Disc Clutches Last Longer?

I seem to be having a problem with my clutches not lasting too long. My first Spec 3 lasted 10K miles and my new Spec 3+ didn't even last 4k miles. My car is a cam/bolt-on car making 375 rwtq. I race at the track sometimes, but not more than once a month. I drive it quite a bit on the street. The car has 4.10 gears, so those shouldn't be killing it too much. I realize that different driving habits will kill a clutch faster, but in my opinion 4k and even 10k is unacceptable.

My brother had the same problem with his Spec 3 (makes similar power to me) and he went with a Spec 2 this time because the guys at Spec told him it wil last longer. I would have done the same thing except I want to spray the car with nitrous next year and I think that'd be too muich for the Spec 2.

Now I'm considering trying one of the Spec twin disc clutches. Those will hold the power no problem. My question is, will they last longer? Any experiences with these clutches are appreciated, as is any other advice. Those clutches just cost too much to not research them first.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Do Twin Disc Clutches Last Longer?